*disclaimer, I work nights, and notoriously leave the app open.
Novelist. Navigator. Functional philosopher. Seeking fascinating conversation, strong minds, and new outlooks. Know what I want when I see it. I am tired of searching. This is my message in a bottle. Any and all applicants please read.
For the record, long term is not out of the question. It just might take me a long time to make that call. I've made some mistakes, and I don't care to repeat them.
- Diagnosed EFNP, for those who care.
- http://vimeo.com/3829682 Someone else had this in their profile, but I totally dig it. We will probably get along if you do as well.
-Alan Watts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYyVCyRQXho). Tempted to leave the rest of this at just that. (full version, for the astute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vdlkoQf014)
- The art of becoming.
- I like sex. I hear a preponderance of complaints from women (by reading profiles) about men being crass. I spare you the shirtless pics, and those just too tasteless for any gentlemanly claim for the understanding that I am here for a purpose. I have friends. As much as I love you all, I have no room for more friendships that leave me alone. (rare exceptions permitted) This has to go somewhere. That said, I also need a connection. I have seen girl parts before. I need a woman attached. Even if it is casual sex, there needs to be a woman attached. I am picky about humanity, even more so of the tunnels I enter. There is only so much internal, I need the touch and breath of a woman to be complete.
- I like muscular women. It is just the way it is. It is not a matter of body typing or objective reduction. I just know such moves me in a way that goes beyond any rational thought. I will pick women out on that criteria. Such just gets my juices flowing.
- Working out? Many claim to do it, few seem to understand it. Heart pounding, adrenaline flowing, sweat pouring, blood pumping. I hope the metaphor is obvious. It is not a matter of vanity. I is a matter of transformation, of becoming. A physical act that mirrors the internal.
- Eroticism is a must. I need a highly evolved woman. One totally capable of commanding her own bedroom, with or without a companion. Invite me to tour your chambers. Challenge me. Then hold on tight.
- If you have made it this far, I have other traits as well.
- I have lived a full life, according to my own rules. I have no regrets. That said, I am not perfect. I am aware my head can be someplace other than my shoulders. If you see this, I expect you to call me on it. Being wrong can be good for you. You cannot cover new ground staring at a map. Sometimes you just have to walk.
- Quality of light is huge. If you are comfortable under a blue florescent, we will not gel. Yellows, orange, candles. It really is that important.
- A garden would be nice. As would a proper kitchen. I would like to brew the beer I drink. Grow the herbs I cook with. Walk along water of some kind. Walking on water is not my thing, however; nor should it be yours.
- I have no country. I lived in Europe for a few years, traveled up and down West Africa. Lived in Sardinia. My children are half Icelandic, and yes, they are more important than you. When asked, I answer as Bostonian before American.
- Please be authentic. Painted skin, flashy clothes, and top secret culture does not make you real. I don't do scavenger hunts, I end up where my feet take me. Be a traveler, not a peacock. Be what you present, revel in the art you paint into your flesh, or spike through your skin.
- I believe a woman should be my equal. I have no problem opening doors, being a gentleman, and treating a woman like a “lady.” But when the chips are down, I expect you are a lioness underneath. You should be able to handle at least a dozen zombies without any help.
- I believe the secret to staying young, is learning to let go of what you think you already know. Life continues to teach, we forget how to listen. An inflexible mind cannot learn, and does not weather the Tuesday bombshells you hadn't considered.
- I do not believe the study of Art, History, Language, Literature, Philosophy or Spirituality is “a waste.” I am a functional academic, though prone to obscure, yet painfully precise blathering. Stop me if it bothers you, tell me to continue if it excites you.
-Being outside, talking to random people.
-Thinking; perhaps too much. Libra. Shoot me.
-Working on "the Plan."
-Feeling the music I find.
Books: Yeah, I have a lit degree... Kundera, Gaiman, Orwell, Woolf, many more...
Movies: Big Lebowski, Fight Club, The Ninth Gate. Coraline. The Grand Budapest Hotel. Never set out to be a Johnny Depp fan, but he happens to be in a lot of my favorites. I can quote a disturbing amount of Pulp Fiction.
Four seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)
Books (I hate kindles, won't buy one)
Wine, Beer, Seafood (This is one category. Trust me on this)
(my children should be an unspoken obvious)
The creepy similarities between the "Right" and the"Left."
The uniformity of non-conformity.
Failures of critical thinking.
Why people, who claim to like honesty, don't.
Why brevity seems to evade me.
I go out weekdays, after class.
You want to enjoy my company, for however long it lasts. You know that ever after is, actually, every day.
You don't wish to change me.
You have an inspired, creative desire to add something to the world, to never truly settle, to keep learning, and are not afraid to call bullshit as required.