Find better matches with our advanced matching system
30 / M / Straight / Single
- Last Online
- Today – 5:30pm
- 5′ 9″ (1.75m)
- Body Type
- A little extra
- Strictly anything
- When drinking
- Atheism, and very serious about it
- Graduated from university
- Entertainment / Media
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids, but might want them
- Likes dogs and likes cats
Day job. I got one. It's OK, don't love it. Aside from that...
I've just finished building a small 16-track recording studio. I record rock bands when I can. It's fun. It might be the MOST fun, actually.
Hanging out with my close friends, most of whom are involved in music and art.
I write music every now and again...I'm working on my second solo record (under the name Stripper DeVille) at the moment, which should starkly contrast my first one (http://stripperdeville.bandcamp.com/album/biochemical-jazzman) in that it will have things like songs and melodies and general listenability.
I play guitar, baritone guitar, a little bass, limited drums, and whatever other implement with which I can make a compelling noise.
And I cook a lot.
- Cooking. So they tell me. I'm completely unschooled, but enthusiastic.
- Locating BBQ.
- Managing messes of wires and cables.
- Making guitar noise.
- Tending my window garden, apparently.
- Engineering records MacGuyver style.
- Throwing New Year's Day parties.
Authors: Joyce, Burroughs, Dawkins, Bryson, Ginsberg, etc.
Movies: Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway, Playtime, 8 1/2, Contempt, Fantastic Planet, Wings of Desire, the Royal Tenenbaums, God Bless America, THE ROOM, Fear & Loathing, Solaris (Tarkovsky verion), The Trial (Orson Welles version), the Big Lebowski, Vanishing Point, Being There, Aguirre: The Wrath of God, Idiocracy, The Last Waltz, Masculin Feminin, Taste of Cherry, The Dark Knight, Eraserhead, Punch Drunk Love, 24 Hour Party People
Shows: WTF podcast, Twin Peaks, Mr. Show, Arrested Development, Louie, Life, Mad Men, Kids in the Hall, Upright Citizens Brigade, Saxondale, Breaking Bad, Bob's Burgers, Good Eats, Community, Aqua Teen, Sherlock, Snuff Box. I don't watch TV per se, but since Netflix happened...you know the rest.
Music: Oh dear...Husker Du, Silkworm, Sonic Youth, Ornette Coleman, Neil Young, Velvet Underground, the Stooges, Neu!, Led Zeppelin, Brian Eno, PJ Harvey, Pavement (the earlier the better, generally), Whitehouse, Nirvana, Clinic, Deerhoof, Cloud Nothings, David Bowie, Roxy Music, John Coltrane, Can, Miles Davis, Complete, Fugazi, Elvis Costello & The Attractions, The Fall, R.E.M., The Jesus Lizard, the Breeders, Shellac, McLusky, Willie Nelson, Witold Lutoslawski, Igor Stravinsky, Dmitri Shostakovich, Eric Dolphy, Hank Williams, Joy Division/New Order, Van Morrison, Mission of Burma, Scrawl, Dead Rider, Wire, PiL, John Lennon, AC/DC, Nina Nastasia, Bedhead, Band of Susans.
Food: Southern BBQ. Rye whiskey. Southern Italian/Sicilian. Mexican. Dim Sum. Indian. Interesting cocktails. Thai. Columbian. Middle Eastern/Mediterranean. Vietnamese. Pequod's deep dish. Hot Doug's. Gourmet bar burgers. Kale. Locally roasted coffees. Korean barbeque. American fast food (not like, McDonalds - I mean a good, old-fashioned cheeseburger). I draw the line at insects and fish organs (excepting shellfish, which I will eat all day). I guess I gravitate toward strong flavors, but I'll enjoy many things.
Garden & Kitchen - can't separate 'em.
Friends. There are a specific dozen or so I'm describing.
EDIT: The polar bear pants were shrunken in the last wash. Damn it all...
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 24–30
- Near me
- Who are single
- For long-term dating, short-term dating
But if you're feeling like it:
- You don't mind someone who's a little shy at first (quite the opposite after not too long...).
- You'd like to have a drink or a meal or a romp through a record store some time.
- You want to spend a Friday night on the couch watching Mulholland Drive for the seventeenth time.
- You know a thing or two about sustainable agriculture and want to school a layperson like me.
- You dig vinyl for unironic reasons.
- You are a non-believer who still puts up a Christmas tree. Or something.
- You'd like to go to an interesting local rock show some time.
- You want to stare at some paintings in a museum.
Connect your OkCupid Account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.