Find better matches with our advanced
26 • Oakland, CA • Woman
I’m looking for
- Ages 26–38
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Yesterday – 8:23pm
- Heteroflexible, Questioning
- Hispanic / Latin
- 5′ 6″ (1.68m)
- Body Type
- Mostly anything
- Scorpio, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from university
- Art / Music / Writing
- Likes dogs and has cats
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Fluently), French (Poorly)
"What is success? To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; that is to have succeeded."
Quitting the easy full-time designer at a tech company life and trying on my big girl freelancer pants - I go through an existential crisis like every other day, haha. I'm also funneling more and more energy into being an artist and honing/exploring my craft in my studio share at American Steel, aka, my happy place.
These days, I'm also planning an adventure to Cuba this summer because it's high time I meet my motherland and because I am tired of feeling exactly LIKE THIS about your Cuba trips.
Edit: just got back from Cuba. I feel different. Hooray for traveling!
- Could be that I'm making a heinous sound with my throat because that's the only way I know how to scratch it when my allergies kick in
- Or maybe its that I'm smiling at you
- Or that I'm talking to a cat
Movies: There's a ton of movies that I probably should see, and that I haven't seen so feel free to throw recommendations (or your DVDs) my way. Some favorites are Fight Club, Back to the Future, A Waking Life, Babel, Science of Sleep, Amelie, The Artist, Lost in Translation, Motorcycle Diaries, Blade Runner, Anything Miyazaki, Tarantino, Coppola, Anderson
Shows: BROAD CITY, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, Portlandia, Arrested Development, LOST, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, 30 Rock -- I don't watch much television... Things on Netflix every now and then.
Music: Eskmo, Clark, Amon Tobin, Nosaj Thing, The Weeknd, A$AP Rocky, M.I.A., FKA Twigs, Banks, Phantogram, Beats Antique, Grimes, Com Truise, Kendrick Lamar, Purity Ring, Childish Gambino, Glass Animals, Toro y Moi, Washed Out, Justice, Junior Boys, The Black Keys, El Guincho, Salem, iamamiwhoami, Little Dragon, Massive Attack, Sneaker Pimps, The Kills, The Smiths, The Cure, Kraftwerk, Nina Simone, Buena Vista Social Club. Special places in my musical heart forever reserved for: mi reina Celia Cruz, and Bjork.
Also, I'm really into the local bass music scene/DJs and not above dancing ANYWHERE if the music hits me just right. Not afraid to be the only body on a dance floor either.
Soundcloud! My Soundcloud really features a lot of my aforementioned bass-lovin' jams.
Food: Mediterranean, Japanese, Thai, Indian. Honestly, I'll try most foods, as long as it isn't fast food. I live for culinary exploration.
I'm all about the general theme discussed in this article, Relationship vs. Relating.
Speaking of articles, I'm positive the NorCal sensibilities are present in most of you profile-readers, but hey everyone should read this because I recently interacted with someone who seemed to have a rudimentary understanding of this concept and it was both shocking and NOT fun.
That's pretty private.
• You have a special place in your heart for self-awareness, introspection, emotional intelligence, body/sex positivity, and clear communication!
• You're one of those people who can have a great time just sitting in a room and talking to someone.
• You want to art together, or dance together, or do both. Simultaneously? Simultaneously.
• I'll meet up with folks most times but these days I'm ultimately in the mood for people who are really looking to potentially create some deep connection with me, otherwise I am not feeling as inclined. No half-assed relationships, pls. No satellite exes floating around, eggshell walking, or monumental sacrifices on my part for the sake of upholding your poly identity. I respect all gray areas but certain situations are tiring for me and I don't have much room for it right now.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue
meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to .
If you don’t see it, try checking
your Spam folder.