If any of these adventures sound appealing, then please read on.
I am adored by children, admired by the elderly, and liked by animals. Bikes are for pedaling without hands sometimes; car radios are for making my son sing and dance; and swimming pools are for cannonball splashes, especially with a SpongeBob inner tube around my waist. I try to find humor in the outrageous and mundane, and both apply to writing a self-summary.
I think the world is generally an amusing place, though my place in it remains incomplete, a mystery, a work in progress. I am a teacher, writer, and editor. I have a global perspective and a passion for local color and detail. If I had a magic wand or bottomless funds, I would travel the world endlessly, soaking up what I can, doing novel things, and seeing myself and the world in new ways. Are you a fellow traveler?
Many of us want the chance to be tender and generous with others, to be cared for and appreciated for who we are. We want to share our time, humor, hopes, and selves. If fortunate, we may also share our hearts, touch, and affection. Count me in.
I want to be a partner with a woman. A partner in adventure, mischief, and the mundane. Shoulder to shoulder, hand in hand. I crave the tingling, chest-tightening excitement of spending time with a special woman. I crave the chance to bring a radiant, confident smile to your face when I say "I like you, I admire you, and it is great to see you."
I want to be a good partner who complements the life an enthusiastic, inquisitive, insightful, warm, caring woman already enjoys. I enjoy women who are self-confident, creative, expressive, reflective, active, and gentle. I want the opportunity to be generous, caring, and tender, to share and explore together. I hope we share some passions and interests; I hope we discover new ones together. I will happily give a go to your interests, whatever they are, if you crave a sidekick.
For me, "who" is more important than "what" -- Spending time with an interesting, sincere person makes doing almost anything -- except probably ice fishing -- a treat. I'm generally a jeans and pullover shirt kinda guy, but, as my older relatives might say, I "clean up real nice".
Why the name?
Elvis swiveled into history.
Albert pondered mysteries.
Some gals like Einstein's smarts and wry smile.
Others like Presley's art and bold style.
What's in your personality?
Big Al would propose we meet to "experiment". The King would rock, shake, and sing his invitation, "I sure would be delighted with your company". Want to find out?
Some reasons to consider getting to know me:
1. My parole officer likes me.
2. My mullet haircut is growing back.
3. Some people find me amusing and irreverent.
4. Rather than describe myself as "technology challenged", I say I am Amish.
5. I listen attentively.
6. I wear clean socks.
7. I am James Brown's long-lost son. "Wowww! I feel good!"
8. I am curious to learn what makes you unique, special, and interesting.
9. I like the smell of clementines, pine needles, and rain-scrubbed air; the sound of tires crunching over a gravel road, the range of a tenor saxophone, the crisp crackle of raindrops on an umbrella, the rustle of leaves, and the clap, crash, and rumble of thunder; the feel of suede, sunshine, body heat, and the "thump" of a good rhythm section in a band; the taste of rich ice cream, sweet tea, and veggie lasagna; the sight of dancers in graceful, athletic abandon, a velvet sky bejeweled with stars, a soaring hawk, ...
10. I can not reveal more right now because of the need for privacy in my responsibilities as an international super spy.
If I've sparked your interest so far, then mission accomplished.