- fairly progressive/Green politically w/a slight libertarian streak
- sorta kinda buddhist-ish
- try to assume goodwill (but really bad at it when i'm driving)
- autodidact-ic-ish-ish... ish... ish. (except in spelling)(but English is a living language, sooo... thppppt.)
- not a Marley fan but: “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” spot. freakin'. on.
(addendum for the surprising number of easily offended Marley/reggae fans: i t'ink you be missin' summtin' 'bout what da' reggae be sayin', mon) (srsly. chill & have another brownie.)(don't force me to further reinforce a stereotype)
addendumaddendum: aced the OKC Beatles' lyrics test in less than 4 minutes. you should totally get to know me.
- and listening to a sh*tload of audio CD's at work. its almost heaven. the work part gets in the way, but... we all have our crosses to bear. i guess.
- just started drawin... well... moving a pen so it leaves ink on paper.
- fixing non-computer electrical & mechanical things
- sleeping in
- finding humour, inappropriately (and keeping it to myself)
- knowing without clicking which links go to the weird part of the internet
recent books: The Republican Brain; Conservatives w/out Conscience; Guns, Germs & Steel; 6 Great Scientists; Short History of Everything, Cold Days (F'ING AWESOME!!!)(Jim Butcher is god)(though if he could write as fast as i read? yeah, that'd be great)
book genres: history, current events, science, law, fantasy, sci-fi
movies: A Christmas Story, Payback, 3000 Miles to Graceland, Constantine, RHPS, Pi, Pulp Fiction, anything Pixar, Mars Attacks (Ackack ack ackackack ack), Maverick, Blade series, Underworld series, Matrix 1 & 2, Usual Suspects, Heat, Close Encounters, ET, anything Jay & Silent Bob, Contact, Galaxy Quest
movie genres: not a big horror/gore fan, other than that...
TV: MST3000, NCIS, Law & Order, Family Guy, Lie to Me, GG's, South Park, Burn Notice, White Collar, Justified, TDS/Colbert
(note: "reality" tv, i.e. Pawn Stars, Iron Chef, Holmes on Homes, Lockup, Cops, etc., really not my thing)(and probably cause cancer)
music styles: mostly rockabilly, psychobilly, punk, techno (trance, mostly) oldies & classic rock. Used to have an awesome classical music collection but just not into it anymore. Even Mozart's arias (which used to evoke tears)(go figure).
artists: yeahyeahyeah's, Babes In Toyland, The Donnas, The Meteors, Beck (both Jeff & Hansen), Electric 6, Hatepinks, Greenhornes, Jane's Addiction, Merle Haggard, Monkees, White Stripes, the Datsuns, Horrorprops, Fratellis,
Albums (not covered by above artists): Joshua Tree, 8 Arms to Hold You, Graceland, Jagged Lil' Pill, Bonk, Mezzanine, BloodSugarSexMagik, Peepshow, Superunknown
food: yes. oh, my f*cking god, yes.
- shortening my commute
- cracks in the wall; tunnels & bridges
- best dietary choices to maximize probability of the wipeless poo (yeah. i totally put that on a dating profile. me so edgy.)
- how the ellipsis has helped express aposiopesis for...
or taking OKC tests (yeah, also kinda sad)(but also reallllly addictive)
getting my butt kicked at computer chess (wouldn't be sad if it was any level above 'demo')(not that addictive, just can't believe how much i don't 'get' the game)
vaguely sad that Monday morning is ~60 hours away. Monday is kind of a jerk that way.
- i suck at board games
- my mom never breast fed me. she said she only liked me as a friend
- i love touristy places when nobody is around
- kinda' intimidated/awed by people who raise kids
- tho i appreciate gals w/stylistic flair & joie de vivre, my own fashion paradigm is murderously bo-ring. and not likely to change.
- if you have a need to strain tofu from your miso, a bushy 'stache is the way to go.
- i wish bidets were more common
- maybe i shoulda' found something to separate those last two...
- like long meandering drives (getting out of car not necessary)
- know and love The Teaching Company
- love ideas and are possessed of a sense of wonder at how our understanding of the universe is unfolding and impatiently curious for new discoveries
- have tried a bunch of different things in life but are pretty much done w/the drugs/booze/risking-jail part
- have an often inappropriate sense of humour (but a mature internal filter)
- like museums
- get a kick outta the internet, its culture & memes
- live & let live fares prominently in your ethos
- with god as your witness, you thought turkeys could fly