I'm here: (where are you?)
Good job ✅
No debt ✅
Enjoying time single with friends ✅
Reducing stuff load 🔃
Attaining the car 🔃
Looking for love ⌛
tldr: Curious, contemplative, and cool under pressure. Quiet but not dull. Likeable and wise (according to my boss). Hi there! Want to try sky diving? Ok, maybe something less crazy the first time. Anyone who can introduce me to new things, particularly in art/music/science, is welcome company.
interests: languages, typography, math, fractals, psychology, photography, drawing, music theory, biology, genealogy, hiking.
motivations: building, knowledge, auditory/visual aesthetics, puzzle solving.
descriptors: left handed, only child, Oregonian / Texan / Washingtonian, optimistic.
visited: much of the Puget Sound, half the states, Mexico, Canada, Spain, and Italy. Seeing Japan in late March. Would like to see Australia, Ireland, and Germany.
• Playing piano (started age 9, but rusty now - my Roland must feel neglected).
• Figuring out how things work, especially spatial puzzles.
• Handwriting (others are always surprised when they see my signature on a restaurant receipt).
• Being oblivious to signs that she is attracted to me.
✍🎨art - art nouveau, pixel art, ⓐⓢⓒⓘⓘ art
▤books - Sigh, I've got 62 that I need to get rid of and at least 40 that I need to read. I don't have time to date!... Click the Magic of Connections, Origami for the Enthusiast.
♨food - chocolate&coconut, not coffee&durian
☺humor - benign violations of expectation
"Immanuel doesn't pun; he Kant."
"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver."
"Veridian Dynamics - we make your life better... usually"
A good paraprosdokian or antanaclasis usually brings a smile.
♫music - harmony+rhythm+emotion
Lindsey Stirling, Loreena McKennit, Enigma, Delirium, Juno Reactor, Shpongle, Infected Mushroom, Bond, David Garrett, Yanni, Tiësto, Parov Stelar, Koji Kondo, Nobuo Uematsu, Hiroki Kikuta, Rammstein, [x]-Rx, Nightwish, Faun, John Williams, Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer
☆shows - scifi/fantasy/witty comedy. I don't have any regular shows, but will burn through a season now and then.
Person of Interest, Better Off Ted, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Big Bang Theory, Castle, Burn Notice, Chuck, Star Trek TNG, FireFly, Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Doctor Who, Gargoyles, Mushishi, Monster, Kino's Journey, Cowboy Bebop
☽movies - scifi/adventure/fantasy
Stardust, 13th Floor, Mummy Returns, How To Train Your Dragon, Gattaca, Equilibrium, Spirited Away, Inception, Jurassic Park, Star Trek (4 & 11), Moulin Rouge, Hitch, Liar Liar, Bolt, Despicable Me, Wreck-It Ralph, Amélie
♘games exploration and puzzle solving
Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, Tales of Symphonia, Metroid
• interesting people - show me new things
• little creations I've made - past drawings/programs
• some form of static media - my books and magazines
• some form of interactive media - games and shows
• internet - how else are you supposed to answer your burning random questions such as the world record for the longest hair or biggest collection of Daleks?
Whether it would just be easier to flirt with the cute girl at Subway, the crumpet shop, or the one who sat next to me on the bus than to invest all the effort of reading hundreds or profiles.
Why is it that people who are "out-of-phase" in all those scifi episodes don't fall through the floor? (among other unsettled plot holes) Why google advertises liposuction to me of all people when there are plenty of Inuits in need of good ice cubes? Add to that dozens of topics that pique my interest over time.
Motivations behind other's actions, and my own.
Je ne sais quoi... and why dating websites fail to capture it thus far. Maybe I need to create my own to solve this matching problem >_<... How do you know someone is worth the effort of getting to know them, even if just as a friend? What return on investment you can expect? Wouldn't it be awesome if you could somehow just know someone immediately without all the 'getting to know' them time?
• Hates hypodermic needles. Circus clowns are pretty scary too. Though, the number 13 is quite lucky.
• Was red-haired as infant until it darkened. Still sinister as ever though (left-handed).
• M&M's are eaten as follows: brown, orange, red, yellow, green, blue.
• My oldest known ancestor is Jonathan Andrew Tierce, born ~1745 in Ireland, and my initials are that of an American President (Yes, the dead one. No, the other dead one).
• Never too old for cartoons (series or movies).
• Don't play with them anymore, but I still have every one of my LEGO's.
• I danċe to the lively music when no one else is looking (care to sing to Haiducii Dragostea din tei with me? It's seriously happier than any song should be).
• I do not have IED, LFT, Münchausen syndrome, OCPD, Self-Abasement, or Asperger's Syndrome, and I definitely don't have hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, or else it would have taken all my courage just to finish typing that last word!
• I won't waste my time or yours with lies that you'd find out anyway - plus the truth is a heck of a lot easier to remember!
Please do say howdy if you are sciencey/musical/mathy/little weird/artsy whether you'd make a good romantic match or not, because I've met four cool friends including one of my best via this site. While I'm quite independent and don't *need* anyone in my life now, I like friendly people, movie nights, cuddling, hearing your stories, and memorable adventures that make for good photos.
Otherwise, bon voyage, and enjoy some links...
• Answer the OKC questions in ways that improve your match percentages: http://okcupid-guide.livejournal.com/4316.html
• Why online dating leaves neither side satisfied (more is less): http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice.html
• brief LEGO LoTR word-play humor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnXGFkoMQ_k
• some beautiful choir music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7a2u9v0V0c
• being everything at once http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB2MBop0cLo.
• a commercial with inspiring music that makes you want to travel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqsTqiBrPZQ.
• have I mentioned that I love Faun's music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U10ftE4XQvo
• and my website, devoted to random musings and old retro video game utilities (http://pikensoft.com/) which will turn away most of you, but perhaps appeal to the precious few.
• Dog goes woof, cat goes meow, bird goes tweet, mouse goes squeak...