- I'm fat. That's changing rapidly thanks to a change in diet (yay, thermodynamics!) and a LOT of cardio (at least an hour per day while wearing ankle and wrist weights), but I'll never be super thin. I'm currently around 25-30 pounds lighter than most of the photos I have posted (to which I've added month and year taken). I realize that according to Galactic Dating Profile Law I'm supposed to post photos that make me look better, but I've never been what you'd call much of a rule follower.
- I'm magnificently bearded, and I shave my head.
- I don't have or want kids of my own, and I don't want to get married. If you have kids? No problem, so long as you don't want any new ones from me. Ha.
- I don't smoke, I don't drink to get drunk, and I don't get high.
- I have two cats. They are a non-negotiable part of my life.
- I'm neither religious nor spiritual. I'm an apatheist! Seriously, that's a real thing.
- Politically, I'm a democratic socialist. You might be too, and not even know it, especially if you like paved roads, schools, libraries, street lights, sewer systems, clean water, having fire and police departments, etc.
- I get called an SJW a lot on reddit, which I take as a high compliment. Pissing off MRAs and anti-feminists is one of my hobbies.
- I eat meat, mostly fish, chicken, and pork. I try to eat meat sourced from more humane places, but I don't kid myself that I'm doing the animals any favors. I've tried to be a vegetarian in the past, and might try again someday.
- Despite the fact that I have a penis and live in Chicago, I'm not all that into sports; so if you have a photo of yourself hugging the Stanley Cup on your profile, I'm probably not your flavor.
- I'm a homebody (aka "indoorsy"). I'm not a huge fan of traveling, probably because I hate the TSA, and I'm fat and have sleep apnea, so, yeah. I realize that saying that I don't LOVE traveling on my OKC profile is tantamount to admitting to leprosy or having a vestigial tail, but...oh well. That said, I do enjoy road trips, and I have a few dream destinations in Europe, Central and South America, and Asia.
- I don't enjoy going to loud, crowded bars, venues, or music festivals to see music. I prefer small, dark dives and clubs.
- I'm a night owl.
- I have no tattoos or piercings. I do like them on others (a lot), I just don't have any of my own.
- I don't have an automobile of my own. I use hourly cars as needed.
- I don't do long distance relationships. Or open relationships. Or long distance open relationships.
- I'm not poor, but I'm definitely not rich.
- As I mentioned briefly above, I have sleep apnea, and wear a breathing mask when I sleep. I sleep very soundly and quietly with the mask, though.
- You may have noticed that I'm not smiling in most of my photos; I've never liked being photographed, but I do smile in real life. This is better than me having the same rictus expression in every one of my photos, right?
And...exhale. So, is anyone left? Cool! Thanks for sticking around.
I was born and raised in Texas, but luckily I escaped, because Texas is mostly awful. I'm very unlike how most people might imagine a typical Texan, although I'm told that I occasionally act like a southern gentleman, albeit a very liberal, queer friendly, feminist southern gentleman. I've lived in Chicago since 2003, so this is home to me.
I'm an INTJ, and a Ravenclaw, if you're into those sorts of things.