I'm trying to keep music a big part of my life. I'm always looking for fun band projects (I play some guitar and bass), and love seeing live music. I usually have a song stuck in my head and may just bust-out singing at any time!
Being outdoors and feeling the sun on my body makes me happy. I've visited lots of natural outdoor places in the region and want to do more of it.
I also love international travel. Getting enmeshed in unfamiliar exotic cultures is such a delicious mind-messer! Madagascar anyone? My parents are immigrants. My dad is German and my mom Colombian so I've had some exposure to other cultures.
An east coast native, I impulsively moved to the bay area in 1992 and never looked back. I so value the live-and-let-live ethic here. Living in the Mission and meeting people outside of my east coast 'box' has enriched me greatly. I'm so glad and lucky to be in this diverse city, and feel happy to be raising my son here.
Things I like to do in no order:
* make lists
* find an interesting hike nearby
* play at the beach
* jump around the house to something killer on the stereo
* attend an off-the-wall small theater production nearby
* eat at my favorite taco truck (yum!)
* try another eatery on Valencia St
* pull weeds out of the ground by the roots
* go to a weekend, midday show at the Symphony
* bike up Bernal Hill
* eat an apple waiting for the music to start at the Fillmore
* Feed my NPR radio addiction
Other random things I know about myself, or have been told:
* I don't resemble a typical New Yorker
* I can drive all day just to be somewhere for a few hours because, heck, life is short!
* I have a book describing the highest peak in every California county and would one day love to summit them all. Ever seen the cross on Mt Davidson? (San Francisco county)
* I love reading maps
* I can be a bit sarcastic
* I like to yell at the TV when I hear disingenuous or inaccurate statements uttered by Republicans
* I like digging in the dirt out back
* I'm genuine and try not pretending to be someone I'm not
* Despite the fact that I like to be busy, a cuddly, cozy evening at home is sometimes just what I need
I have a 11 year old son who lives with me 50% of the time and have an amicable relationship with my ex. The kid and I tend to have a blast together! I strive to think of new ways to do fun things and expand his horizons. I also want to show him by example how to give back to the world, how truly lucky we are at this moment, to be living this life. Some of this is still a work in progress :-)