Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
RATE YOUR DATE! TAKE MY EASY QUIZ!
Rate your last lunch or dinner date based on this simple test!
(p.s. the only exception is if the date was me…ok ok even me)
• He paid for lunch (+ 2)
• He paid for lunch but asked you to tip (-1)
• He paid for lunch with money borrowed from you (-5)
• He tried to engineer a “dine and dash” (-10)
• He brought his own lunch in tupperware (-20)
2. Ex-wife or girlfriend
• Didn’t mention ex-wife or girlfriend (+1)
• Mentioned ex-wife or girlfriend in passing (-1)
• Mentioned ex-wife or girlfriend with wistful look in his eye
• Mentioned ex-wife or girlfriend while sobbing uncontrollably
• Mentioned ex-wives or girlfriends had all died
“under mysterious circumstances” and quickly changed the subject
3. Awkward pauses
• NO awkward pauses (+2)
• 1-3 awkward pauses (-1)
• One awkward pause while he talked on the phone to his ex
• One awkward pause while he passed out drunk (-10)
4. After lunch
• Suggested a walk by the water (+2)
• Suggested a walk to his apartment (-1)
• Suggested a walk on “the wild side” (-3)
• Suggested a ride on his Harley into the California desert to do
some “trippin’ and deep thinkin'” (-10)
• Talked about himself and asked about you (+2)
• Talked mostly about himself (-1)
• Talked only about himself - and continued when you left the table
to go the bathroom (-10)
• Talked about himself even after you’d been driving home for 30
• He likes good rock and roll and R+B, but is open to all styles of
• He likes heavy metal “but the melodic kind” (-2)
• He likes all music “but mostly the Grateful Dead” (-3)
• He really only likes the Grateful Dead (-4)
• He’s never heard any music besides the Grateful Dead. (-10)
• He likes experimental music created by synthesizers being smashed
in storage containers while playing music inspired by the Grateful
What’s your score? (If it was me on the date please add ten
points.... and remember – I just bought that Harley and…who doesn’t
love the Grateful Dead??)
ABOUT ME: Creative-type but grounded and not flaky. Involved with
music, business, volunteer with Literacy Victoria and the Mustard
Seed food bank, want to pursue caregiving for mentally challenged
folks. Love going to great concerts, theatre, movies, trying out
new things, plays and interesting, serious or just
popcorn-roller-coaster-ride movies. I'm obsessed with trying new
restaurants. I have a slightly twisted/edgy humour, look good for
my age (they say), and I try to be considerate and HONEST. Some say
too honest at times, but it beats the alternative!
Please msg for more info. I enjoy talking about myself. A LOT. Just
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
Learning, learning, learning, progressing, building my company but
trying to do it and still love my work and in the process help
other people, not be stressed, be outdoors, active and healthy.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
creativity, problem-solving, music, making a silk purse out of a
sow's ear (which would be a pretty gross purse when you think about
it), thinking out of the box, smashing and burning the box, feeling
bad you lost your temper on the box, spontaneity, making popcorn,
juggling, balancing work and play, conversing.
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
Tall? Good smile, funny, my back (if they're behind me).
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Books: Fiction, biographies, Kazuo Ishiguru, classics like The
Great Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye, A Cure for Everything, music
business books (for work), books on the Beatles ("You Never Give me
Your Money" and the Coleman Lennon bio).
Movies: interesting and different or just fun and entertaining as
long as they aren't brainless, classics, foreign, noir.
Music: R&B ex. Motown, Philly soul, Marvin Gaye, lots of
classical music, great pop like the Beatles, Kinks, Stones, new
wave era stuff like Police, XTC, Blondie....LOTS OF NEW MUSIC
Food - GREAT restaurants, new flavours constantly, east indian,
Ulla in Victoria, Thai, seafood, great pizza but haven't found one
in Victoria yet!
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
Ummmm air, food, music, friends, learning new things, GREAT food,
books...that's seven things right?
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
Ducks. I'm not sure why. But just...ducks. No...ummmm the world,
learning new things, science, the brain, why one of my cats doesn't
like me, how creative minds work, how I can become a super hero
someday with a cape maybe, food, finding new and exciting music,
finding cat food on sale.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Finding cat food on sale. Kidding (ummmm ya...). I have a job I
love (music) so it doesn't matter if I'm being social with friends
and/or working....I play m,usic, go to concerts, movies theatre
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
If you're willing to admit it then is it private?...ooh I hate
paradoxes!! Ummmm well I was a nerd in school BEFORE it was cool to
be a nerd and I got teased and bullied a bit, until I joined a band
and then I suddenly became cool. But I've always retained my nerd
status and never really cared.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
You see something in the above that piques your interest, like the
part about ducks...or being a super hero, or you like witty
conversation and doing new things, and are interested in seeing if
romance develops, or just exchanging recipes for fish.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.