Find better matches with our advanced matching system
38 / M / Straight / Single
El Cerrito, California
- Last Online
- Online now!
- 5′ 9″ (1.75m).
- Body Type
- Mostly anything
- Hinduism but not too serious about it
- Leo and it’s fun to think about
- Graduated from college/university
- Entertainment / Media
- Has a kid
- Has cats
ThomasinSF San Francisco, California less loving
JAPANTH3R Berkeley, California less kinky
McKenzieAbroad San Francisco, California less spiritual
spaceagent San Francisco, California more independent
circusdevon San Francisco, California less political
mikemc35 San Francisco, California less of a geek
mr-right1 Berkeley, California less of a geek
Seinfeld_ish San Francisco, California more adventurous
For the last eight years, in addition to my day job making games, I've run a website that tracks game companies globally. I love hearing from people around the world about how I've been able to help them find their dream jobs or how listing their company has put them "on the map". I recently completed three papers on Positive Impact Games for the National Conversation on Games and the White House's Office of Science and Technology Policy. I also had the opportunity to work with the Make-a-Wish Foundation to make a little girl's dream of being a game designer come true.
My four year marriage to my first girlfriend ended in divorce (we separated in November 2011). We were together for six years. We're doing a decent job as coparents.
I'm a proud dad of a three year old. He's a better dancer than I am. I fit the word "poopoo" into songs because it cracks him up. I treasure our time together, and he amazes me constantly.
My ex-wife and I adopted a kitten from a friend few years ago. I named him Pip after a character in a Richard Scarry book, and he's joined me on my big adventure. I love that little guy.
I have dual citizenship (American/Canadian) and I've been all over the world. I'd like to spend more time in Iceland and Norway.
I recently took a trip to Washington DC to see some of the museums I've wanted to visit since I was a kid. I once had an armchair critic tell me that what I did wasn't art. One highlight of the trip was seeing The Art of Video Games exhibit at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
2. Caring, sharing, and dreaming. And then making stuff happen.
3. Finding the silver lining in tough situations. Being happy.
4. Faux accents and in general being a bit of a dork.
5. IT Support, process engineering, and snake charming.
6. Words with Friends.
Movies: The Party, Airplane 2, TRON, The Namesake, The King's Speech, Koi... Mil Gaya, Oblivion
TV Shows: Friday Night Lights, Monk
Music: Elizabeth Mitchell, Sharon Lois and Bram, Talvin Singh, Nitin Sawhney, Kraftwerk, Underworld, Röyksopp, Pomplamoose
Food: Chaat. Tzatziki. Kebabs. Barbeque. Sorbet.
Games: Words with Friends, Skylanders
2. My car... I like going wherever the fancy strikes. Public transit wins sometimes, but not often.
3. The change purse and the tip card in my wallet. I appreciate the little details that make life smoother.
4. My iPhone is my everything information appliance. My son takes pictures and listens to music with it. There's no going back.
5. I'm not much of a cook yet, but I do care about my kitchen! For some reason people seem surprised when they come over and find that I'm not living like a "bachelor".
6. The little black notebook that my family gave me for my birthday a couple years ago. Inside they filled the tiny pages with "Things We Love About You!!"
Just made some more progress, so I feel good about posting this: the latest thing I'm thinking a lot about is how to get video games into hospitals for patients to use to normalize their stay and help with pain management. The first hospital I'm doing this with is Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, and I'd like to find another children's hospital in the Bay Area to do this with this summer. I feel like I'm in a unique position to do something like this with my personal network across the game industry. If you know anyone I should be talking to, please let me know.
The project with Texas Children's Hospital is going really well. I've been in my new place for just over a week, and am thinking a lot about where stuff goes. Spring cleaning is coming a bit early, I think.
1. I've tandem-jumped out of a plane and dry heaved upon landing. So I'm not the most graceful fellow in the world!
2. I've tried an improv class and done some karaoke. I'm not great at either, but hey, I had fun!
3. I've taken sauna while in Sweden and chased it by jumping into a cold lake. Naked, of course. Aw, yeah!
I'm a pretty open book once you get to know me, and I've given you a headstart. So now it's your turn...
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 32–39
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends
... you engage in some form of creative expression. You get bonus points for taking the seeds of ideas from your head and giving them form or flight.
... you could see yourself dating a responsible single dad. I have a three year old in preschool and I'm the proud new owner of a cottage in El Cerrito... that's hot, too! Innit?
... you live/work either in Marin or the East Bay. I had to admit the impracticality of getting into and out of San Francisco after a few dates in the city. I work in Novato and live in El Cerrito. I want to spend more time with you than I spend on BART or in traffic and looking for parking.
... if you're a lawyer and would consider giving a few hours of your time to helping me legally protect my map before I get others involved in developing it further.
... if you're a web programmer who would enjoy working on a site that has made a positive difference in people's lives and gets 30,000 visits a month from around the world, hello!