Instead, 10 random facts about me:
1. I spent part of my high school years living almost-kinda-abroad, in American Samoa. While there, I attended the local public high school with several thousand students, but only 4 other palangis (politely translated, white foreigner). It was a wonderful time in my life, and I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything.
2. My hair is naturally curly, and always has been. I have big, Shirley Temple-type curls over most of my head. I would give anything to trade it for straight hair.
3. I'm a total food snob, but yet love love love grilled American cheese and bologna sandwiches with a side of Campbell's Bean with Bacon soup. Also fond of: cool ranch Doritos and that fake cappuccino stuff ("coffee what tastes like cocoa") you get at gas stations. I do not partake of these items on a regular basis, for the obvious reasons.
4. [something that was true at the time but has ceased to be such]
5. I am, at best, a mediocre vocalist, but I still want to take voice lessons one day. My hope is eventually I'll get good enough to sing torch songs on top of a piano in some smoky bar somewhere. Or become a rock star, like you do.
6. I spent the first 25 years of my life being a total slob; and the last seven being a neat freak. What happened? I married someone who made bigger messes. All things considered, I like being a neat freak more than a slob; I can always find my keys these days.
7. I own so much music on physical media (CDs, mostly) that I wasn't able to purchase a hard drive large enough to store all of it in a lossless format until within the last few years. I still can't fit it all on a single iPod. The only truthful answer I can give to, "so what kind of music do you like?" is "Yes."
8. I can read somewhere between 600 to 1000 words per minute, depending on what I'm reading, and whether I'm reading for enjoyment (genre fiction) or comprehension and learning (non-fiction). I've been timed by people who don't believe me and as a parlor trick at parties. Yes, I'm aware this makes me a freak.
9. I am somewhere in-between "flaming liberal" and "a touch left of moderate," depending on who you ask. I'm beginning to suspect that most politicians are just full-time crooks catering corporate interests, but I still participate in my government, because otherwise, how else is it going to change?
10. I am a hardcore computer geek. I taught myself to touchtype, owned several *nix (Linux/Solaris) systems before ever owning a Windows machine, and have been on the Internet and in possession of an email address longer than Justin Beiber has been alive. I remember the September that never ended, and Kibo replied to one of my posts once. I think in command line. I am probably more l33t than you. Unless I'm not.
Bonus Fact: My sense of humor tends towards sarcastic, dry, or just plain weird. If you think I'm making fun of you, I probably am; that's usually a sign I like you. If you think I'm serious, I can assure you I'm not. However, neither of these statements apply if you've pissed me off. Then I'm seriously making fun of you because you're an asshat.