Instead, 10 random facts about me:
1. I spent part of my high school years living almost-kinda-abroad, in American Samoa. While there, I attended the local public high school with several thousand students, but only 4 other palangis (politely translated, white foreigner). It was a wonderful, eye-opening time in my life, and I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything.
2. I hate to put this front and center in my profile but every time I'm on I get a ton of messages from guys who've missed one very important fact: I'm not single. Haven't been for awhile. I am, however, not entirely monogamous. Yes, my partner is aware of this, and yes, my partner is likewise not monogamous. I'm quite obviously not disinterested in meeting other people, but please be aware that I'm looking for friends first, and dating as a distant second. If you're just looking to get laid I'm not your lady.
3. My hair is naturally curly, and always has been. I have big, Shirley Temple-type curls over most of my head. I used to wish for straight hair, but my hair and I have had a Come to Jesus moment since then.
4. I'm a total food snob, but yet love love love grilled American cheese and bologna sandwiches with a side of Campbell's Bean with Bacon soup. Also fond of: cool ranch Doritos and that fake cappuccino stuff ("coffee what tastes like cocoa") you get at gas stations. I do not partake of these items on a regular basis, for the obvious reasons.
5. I am, at best, a mediocre vocalist, but I still want to take voice lessons one day. My hope is eventually I'll get good enough to sing torch songs on top of a piano in some smoky bar somewhere. Or become a rock star, like you do.
6. I spent the first 25 years of my life being a total slob; and the last seven being a neat freak. What happened? I married someone who made bigger messes. All things considered, I like being a neat freak more than a slob; I can always find my keys these days.
7. I own so much music on physical media (CDs, mostly) that I wasn't able to purchase a hard drive large enough to store all of it in a lossless format until within the last few years. I still can't fit it all on a single iPod. The only truthful answer I can give to, "so what kind of music do you like?" is "Yes."
8. I can read somewhere between 600 to 1000 words per minute, depending on what I'm reading, and whether I'm reading for enjoyment (genre fiction) or comprehension and learning (non-fiction). I've been timed by people who don't believe me and as a parlor trick at parties. Yes, I'm aware this makes me a freak.
9. I am somewhere in-between "flaming liberal" and "a touch left of moderate," depending on who you ask. I'm beginning to suspect that most politicians are just full-time crooks catering corporate interests, but I still participate in my government, because otherwise, how else is it going to change?
10. I am a hardcore computer geek. I taught myself to touchtype, owned several *nix (Linux/BSD/Solaris) systems before ever owning a Windows machine, and have been on the Internet and in possession of an email address longer than Justin Beiber has been alive. I remember the September that never ended, and Kibo replied to one of my posts once. I think in command line, and I'm probably more l33t than you.
Bonus Fact: My sense of humor tends towards sarcastic, dry, or just plain weird. If you think I'm making fun of you, I probably am; that's usually a sign I like you. If you think I'm serious, I can assure you I'm not. However, neither of these statements apply if you've pissed me off. Then I'm seriously making fun of you because you're an asshat.