I've made video games (some that you've heard of), consulted to VIPs (ditto), done volunteer work in developing countries (ditto again), and slogged through the lower decks of tech support. I watch TED talks and Doctor Who, shop at pinupgirlclothing.com, and have needed to buy extra passport pages.
Now the more relationshipy bits: I'm actively poly (and in a relationship or two), Kinsey 2-3 bisexual, and allergic to drama.
Unfortunately this is not the unicorn you are looking for, as I do not do housework, couples, or 24/7 anything. (Exceptions made for autonomic functions and being logged into an IM client.)
And the sexy bits: Kink as a fun activity, yes. As an identity, no. As a profoundly important part of a relationship, possibly. As the raison d'etre of a relationship, no.
Kids: Eh? Sometimes no, sometimes well-maybe-if-I-adopted-teenaged-twins-from-Romania...
I have a keen sense of ethics and stronger willpower than people expect. People trust me with their passwords.
I am terrifyingly patient.
The movie Jaws made such an impact on my childhood that I learned how to scuba dive so that I could swim with sharks. Seriously.
Though I appear to be a polite lady, this actually hides a train wreck of tactlessness.
When I was a kid I wanted to be either Indiana Jones or Pollyanna. I succeeded.
I've spent enough time living in the developing world to have cultivated a deep and abiding appreciation for indoor plumbing. Camping is a non-starter, unless by "camping" you mean toasting marshmallows over the gas range in the kitchenette of your suite at the Fairmont.
One day I decided it was cold, so I moved to Thailand. It was nice. I'm back now.
90% of the time, I think before I speak. The other 10% are usually hilarious, or at least we laugh about it later.
If it's going to be funny later, it might as well be funny now.
Touch is my strongest sense by far. I've spent most of my life dancing -- I was a dance teacher throughout high school -- and now have something akin to synesthesia that interprets much of my thought as sensation.
I possess one MBA and two plush Weighted Companion Cubes. Two-thirds of these things are useful as travel pillows.
Stories are vastly important to our development as individuals and societies, regardless of the medium through which they are delivered. TV, movies, comic books, and video games are all vital to our lives and ought to be respected as such. Really.
I hate shoes.
It takes me a good six months to miss anything -- people, TV, Oreos, whatever. This can come off as being cold-hearted, but I look at it as a reflection of how deeply absorbed I am in the moment. I'm in love with the future, twitterpated by the present, and have already forgotten five minutes ago.
A nine-year-old described me as, "Warning: May Contain Typhoid Fever."
I did actually have typhoid fever.
I like my body.
I do not hate cooking as much as I used to.