Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
I like to do things in lists:
- The thing I take most seriously is a sense of humor (similar to
the way I take pride in my humility).
- I have a life goal to run a half-marathon in every state in the
US. So far, I'm up to 6.
- I'm always up for trying new things, but the simple pleasures in
life are the best.
- I just moved back to the DC area after living in NY for 6 years
and Boston for 4. It's nice to be back in the area of free museums!
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
Remembering really random pop culture facts - I can usually name
the cast of movies I haven't seen.
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I think it depends on the situation. Like if we're on the highway,
I really hope people notice that I'm merging. But if we're at a
restaurant, they might notice how nice I look, or that what I
ordered looks delicious, or that I just spilled something on
myself. Possibly all at once.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Movies: I like to stick with romantic comedies - they're
predictable and stupid, but they're my predictable and stupid
movies. That said, my favorite movie is Independence Day. Music:
I'll like just about any genre so in that regard I'm not picky. I
can easily switch from country to rap and be perfectly okay with
that. I make playlists based on the season and go from there. Food
- Anything but eggplant. TV shows - Arrested Development (yes, I'm
excited for the movie). I like more reality shows than I care to
admit, but I refuse to pretend that I'm too cool for them. My
favorite show right now is easily Parks and Recreation - it's
unironic and positive, which seems rare these days.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
1. My friends (Sure it's a cliche, but so is saying "water, air,
2. My car (I really love to road trip)
3. The Internet (and the various ways I access it)
4. My iTunes collection (I try to listen to all of my songs at
least once a year - it's harder than it should be)
5. My family (this list is in no particular order)
6. Parenthetical statements (apparently)
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
the people in my life - if they're happy and if not, what I can do
to change it.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Out with friends or in with friends. And I'm perfectly happy with
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.