Are you still there? OK, good. I think I'm pretty cool for being a laywer. I finance airplanes. No one ever thinks that's a real thing, but it is, trust me.
Things you should know about me, in no particular order and probaby too long of a list:
- I love my dog, a lot. She's socially awkward, but we're working on it. She comes around eventually!
- I love traveling, and I don't do all-inclusives. It's important to me to *experience* the place you're visiting. Between Lonely Planet/Moon Guides, Wikitravel and TripAdvisor, there's more than enough out there to make a really awesome, individualized vacation. I've lived abroad twice, once in Peru and once in Singapore, and I loved both.
- I dive. One of my best friends says I'm obsessed with it, and she's probably right. I just signed up or a 10-day liveaboard dive trip for late January. Watching all of these creatures doing their thing in their natural habitats ... it's awesome and I love it.
- The flip side of the above is that I hate zoos. They make me sad.
- I don't cook, ever. I don't find it fun, or relaxing, or whatever people say when they talk about loving to cook. I'm too worried about gettting salmonella all over everything and figuring out what the hell a "pinch" of salt means to take any joy in it.
- No smokers and no social conservatives. These are literally my only two bright line dealbreakers. Sorry not sorry.
- I like music. If that sounds vague, it is. I'm into anything fun and upbeat. Almost every day when I walk in the door, I have a solo dance party in my living room with my dog before taking out my headphones. Keeps me from jumping out the window after a horrible day at work!
- I'm not religious or "spiritual" (whatever that means). I suppose "ethical" would be the best way to describe me -- I just try to be a good person. I don't think about it too much more than that.
- Speaking of work, remember that I'm a lawyer. So I work ridiculous hours and often cancel on people. It may happen to you. Don't take it personally.
- I value honesty. I don't lie to other people, and I expect people not to lie to me.
- I prefer dark beer, dry whites and lighter reds, but I'm not a snob about any of them.
- I read the news multiple times a day, but I also read a few gossip blogs religiously, and I won't be judged for it!