* I have lived and worked in Africa and China and really appreciate that perspective.
* I have travelled all over and am still excited about upcoming trips.
* I love moving across the landscape to create a great appreciation for the journey. To that end, I just got back from hiking across the New Territories of Hong Kong.
* I have three degrees. However, I am less than six degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.
* Debt free from the education, mortgage, and car. And loving it!
* Don't drink, don't smoke. (What do you do?) Never married, no children.
* I have a good sense of humor. At least I used to! Work has stunted my sarcasm. I also don't sweat the small stuff, which is most stuff.
* People say I don't look my age. I assume they mean I look younger! Especially since I have an excellent BMI and as full head of hair.
* Life is too short for football.
* Recently finished a complete renovation of a Civil War era house myself. .
* "Who moved my cheese?" Still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up!
* Being active is important. Love hiking and cycling. Hate SOLO focussed exercise like at the dreaded gym.
* Creative outlets include mosaics and quilting.
Movies usually disappoint me. I never mind not watching to the end, even if it means leaving the theater. Having said that I do enjoy Raiders of the Lost Arc, The Matrix, The Princes Bride, Big Fish, Lost in Translation, Rushmore, Under a Tuscan Sun, Charade, Raise the Red Lantern...
I enjoy serialized tv shows more than movies. Buffy, Firefly, Dexter, American Horror Story, Homeland, Game of Thrones, Weeds, you get the picture. Reality tv bites. Unless you are talking about the original reality tv: PBS!
Also, my hand goes up for all in favor of NPR! Music is magical, and my tastes are all over the place. I can handle a little of just about anything. My own collection of music is quite wide and am happy to listen to something new. Unless it's garbage. But love Garbage! Right now 70s punk rock has piqued my interest. Shonen Knife is great as well as Cincinnati's own Foxy Shazam - they put a smile on my face. I love the new Chrissie Hynde.
In terms of food, I am pretty health-minded. Raw, steamed, and sometimes stewed is how I have to eat. "Food allergies" limit my diet, and I rarely eat out as I can't control how it's prepared. When confronted with a pretentious salad or nothing else on the menu, I would rather eat in.
If you are really looking for a long-term relationship. This can only happen through some common ground.
If you are actually engaged in outdoor activity - essential since I spend a fair amount of time engaged there.
If you can actually tell a tale, spin a yarn, actually talk! Life is a story; I would like to hear about yours!