Find better matches with our advanced
31 • M • Edinburgh, UK
I’m looking for
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 18–99
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last Online
- Today – 9:42am
- 5′ 7″ (1.70m)
- Body Type
- Capricorn, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from university
- Less than $20,000
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids, and doesn’t want any
1. An unbelievably high, inflated opinion of themselves and high expectations. Rigid bullet point lists of what they want. An absolutely conceited sense of entitlement, supercilious expectation of being in a buyer's market and getting to pick and choose.
2. Pretentious, insufferable, fake-arty, hispterish twats. Undiscovered geniuses. Grown up women dressed like little girls with idiotic expressions. Lists of obscure bands that they pretend to like and never listen to, cause they think it looks cool.
3. Photos. a. I'm very moody and blurry, and my hair is half obscuring my face. I'm a deeply sensitive and slightly troubled individual. b. I'm in an exotic expensive foreign location, looking absolutely smug and pleased as punch with myself, and not looking at the exotic foreign location at all, because I'm so absorbed in myself. c. I'm with some friends in a bar or club, with vacant, glazed expression, holding aloft alcoholic drinks. How decadent and what an interesting and glamorous life I must lead. I am very popular with boys and everybody loves me.
4. Basically "hot" girls who proclaim themselves to be "geeks". You're not a geek cos you wear black-rimmed glasses when you don't need them and you played a videogame once. Have you ever been systematically ignored by whole groups of "cool kids"? Have you ever had rocks thrown at you just for looking different? Have you ever genuinely had no social opportunities, for a single night of your life. No? Then you're not a geek. You're a poser. Just like the loathsome popular people in high school, who later became whores and big time creeps.
I realise the attractive ones amongst you must get a lot of messages. This is not because of your incredible, devastating, unique charisma. It is merely because you happen to possess a vagina and a vaguely female face.
You are not all that amazing. Lower your expectations a bit, God knows the other half of humanity have had to. Cultivate humility.
I should stress that not all participants are like this. Some of the women seem genuine and nice. Also, a serious commitment to artistic practice and a political cause is a very worthy thing. It's when it's token and insincere that it becomes a problem. Where is the content? There's plenty of image, looking angsty in a blurry instagramy photo. Trying so hard to not look self-conscious in a very, very ersatz, contrived, un-natural pose. "This is to connote that I'm deep and complex. This, that I'm a cosmopolitan woman-of the-world. This, that I'm endlessly popular and looove my friends." It almost makes me yearn for the simple single mum housewife who just likes watching telly and going out to the bingo.
Scratch a bohemian and you often find an empty-headed hedonist with no ideas or values. Scratch a trendy fake liberal and you often find a little self-absorbed i'm-allright-jack careerist. Rub the politically correct layer away and you find all sorts of nasty little hipster prejudices and dishonesties.
I'm not saying that all okcupid people are like this. Just that some are.
And you know who you are.
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.