Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
I see myself as witty, intelligent, well-grounded, and kind. I've
done no time, no drugs, and ain't got no disease. Tattoo-free and
420 innocent. Someone that you could take home to mom.
I have lived in San Francisco for well over a decade - through two
bubbles, and their subsequent bursting. I am not in the
one-percent, not do I want to occupy Wall Street. Politically I am
somewhat middle-of-the-road, but with a very strong belief in
individual rights. I favor PowerPoint over Word and communicate
ably in bullet points. That's a lot of I, I, I's.
Speaking of bullet points, the extended short list is:
1. Reasonably tall, witty, educated professional.
2. Well traveled - Asia, Europe, Africa. I try and travel light, so
not a lot of baggage
3. Enjoy wine and scotch. flirting with bourbon
4. Enjoy cooking and hosting friends at home
5. Have a dog. chocolate lab - 9 going on 2. An insatiable ball
chaser, especially in water. He's the real athlete in the family.
Hikes are a key part of our life
6. Had some real skills in racquetball and squash in my youth, but
don't play either anymore. Poor at golf and tennis, but want to
pursue the latter a bit more
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
Being a good dad, a successful professional, and finding time for
myself. One of these pursuits is suffering
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
I think I have what they call a high EQ. I understand people,
really; their motivations, and why they do what they do
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
The salt-and-pepper hair? A nice smile? Genuine warmth and empathy?
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
1. Midnight's Children (I had to re-read so many lines because they
were so damn clever)
2. Cuckold (very clever, and unusually irreverent for an Indian
3. A Suitable Boy (finishing it was like saying goodbye to an old
Honorable mentions (in no particular order)
1. Family Matters (made a one time friend cry, she turned to me and
said "I hate you", for recommending it to her)
2. English August (more a boy's thing. Very irreverent, but needed
a better editor)
3. Red Earth and Pouring Rain (a great first half, and then peters
Favorite movie: The Matrix (really clever and, you know, Keanu
Reeves is a pretty good actor if he does not have to talk
Favorite music (ians); Classic Rock generally – The Rolling Stones,
Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler, The Beatles
Favorite shows: The Big Bang Theory, The Good Wife (embarrassing, I
know); Scrubs (past tense), Star Trek, The Next generation
(John-Luc Picard, quite possibly the cleverest man on TV,
Favorite foods: pretty eclectic, but Ethiopian, Korean, Malaysian
are welcome. A nice, medium rare filet mignon with a glass or two
of Left bank Bordeaux
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
I'll start, and let's see how far I get:
1. Iced latte (preferably Blue Bottle)
2. The nanny
3. Neighborhood dog park (or Chrissy Field)
4. The Economist
5. The reverse commute
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
How finishing this profile has been so damn exhausting. And wishing
this website had a spellchecker
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
If I have parental responsibilities, then being a goof at a
playground. If not, focusing on a demanding dog. Sometimes dinner
with friends. Often ending the evening, feet up, sipping a smoky
Islay (Ardbeg being the preference)
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
The key qualities I am looking for in a partner are compassion,
kindness and honesty. And intelligence is very sexy
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.