* I love comedies such as the Monty Python's Holy Grail, 30 Rock, and The Big Bang Theory. I believe the greatest TV show of all time is The Wonder Years.
* I love watching it rain from my window. Especially the heavy, middle-of-the-afternoon kind on a hot summer day.
* I love to laugh and I am easily amused.
* My favorite letters in the English alphabet are Q and Z.
* I head the design and product development departments at a technology startup in the Washington DC metro area. I am one of those lucky few who get paid to do what they love.
* I like traveling to places that are off the beaten path. I don't mean that as some sort of a metaphor. I just like exploring places that are off the tourist maps.
* I have a bachelors degree, two masters degrees, and a PhD. No, I am not compensating for anything :)
* I believe attraction gets things started but chemistry is what sustains a relationship.
* I prefer fewer quality possessions over many mediocre ones.
* I co-authored an award-winning and widely adopted 1000-page textbook in my discipline and survived. Barely.
* I know how to respond to such esoteric questions as "what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?". I also know how to ascertain if someone is a witch :-)
* I believe the most attractive aspects of dance are grace, rhythm, and elegance; not aerobics, acrobatics, and gyrations.
* From time to time, when the issue in question is important, I have been known to take a stand and say what I mean. For example, Macs are better than PCs :)
* I believe everyone is entitled to one irrational obsession. For me it is Hokies football. I also believe more than one obsession is unhealthy for the soul.
* I prefer originals to the imitations; e.g. Sean Connery over Daniel Craig and Animal House over American Pie.
* When life presents me with a red pill and a blue pill, I always choose the red pill. If you got that reference, you are as nerdy as I am :)
* In my free time, I love interfering between my excellent camera and a perfectly good scene.
* A wise man once told me: When comparing apples and oranges, apples always make better apples. The wisdom in these words helped me more than once.
* I try to eat right, workout, and live healthy. But the deliciousness of dark chocolate gets in the way sometimes.
I am looking for a partner who:
* Is a strong, independent, and good-looking woman who is looking for a serious relationship
* Has a great sense of humor and enjoys a good conversation
* Is educated and successful in whatever she does
* Is warm, rational, and leans towards being socially liberal
* Lives in the USA.
1) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
2) Sherlock Holmes
3) Three men in a boat
4) The village by the sea (by Anita Desai)
5) Mark Twain's works
6) Alistair McLean's works
1) Monty Python's Holy Grail
2) Snatch (yes, the one with Brad Pitt)
3) Once upon a time in the west
1) The Big Bang Theory
2) Modern Family
3) The Wonder Years
You are pretty, witty, and wise.