* I love comedies such as the Monty Python's Holy Grail, 30 Rock, and The Big Bang Theory. I believe the greatest TV show of all time is The Wonder Years.
* I love watching it rain from my window. Especially the heavy, middle-of-the-afternoon kind on a hot summer day.
* I love to laugh and I am easily amused.
* My favorite letters in the English alphabet are Q and Z.
* I head the design and product development departments at a technology startup in the Washington DC metro area. I am one of those lucky few who get paid to do what they love.
* I like traveling to places that are off the beaten path. I don't mean that as some sort of a metaphor. I just like exploring places that are off the tourist maps.
* I have a bachelors degree, two masters degrees, and a PhD. No, I am not compensating for anything :)
* I believe attraction gets things started but chemistry is what sustains a relationship.
* I prefer fewer quality possessions over many mediocre ones.
* I co-authored an award-winning and widely adopted 1000-page textbook in my discipline and survived. Barely.
* I know how to respond to such esoteric questions as "what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?". I also know how to ascertain if someone is a witch :-)
* I believe the most attractive aspects of dance are grace, rhythm, and elegance; not aerobics, acrobatics, and gyrations.
* From time to time, when the issue in question is important, I have been known to take a stand and say what I mean. For example, Macs are better than PCs :)
* I believe everyone is entitled to one irrational obsession. For me it is Hokies football. I also believe more than one obsession is unhealthy for the soul.
* I prefer originals to the imitations; e.g. Sean Connery over Daniel Craig and Animal House over American Pie.
* When life presents me with a red pill and a blue pill, I always choose the red pill. If you got that reference, you are as nerdy as I am :)
* In my free time, I love interfering between my excellent camera and a perfectly good scene.
* A wise man once told me: When comparing apples and oranges, apples always make better apples. The wisdom in these words helped me more than once.
* I try to eat right, workout, and live healthy. But the deliciousness of dark chocolate gets in the way sometimes.
I am looking for a partner who:
* Is a strong, independent, and good-looking woman who is looking for a serious relationship
* Has a great sense of humor and enjoys a good conversation
* Is educated and successful in whatever she does
* Is warm, rational, and leans towards being socially liberal
* Lives in the USA.