I'm a happy and fun bobo* who's a little too odd for conventional dating sites.
I've no exact idea who'll suit and refuse to be prescriptive (must be 5'3", live in SW7, called Penny with a small dog called Antigone and say yah. Incidentally the imaginary Penny [or Pen to her friends] is a good example of hard-core-unsuitability. At least she has a dark sense of humour, if she knows the story of Antigone, but, since she's imaginary she probably won't. I've let her get out of hand now, haven't I? Everything does, it does though, even the imaginary dinosaurs that live in Jurassic Park, let alone the non-imaginary mammoth that the Russians wish to clone.
My profession, in as much as I still have one, is as a hard-core anorak but without the anoraky persona. I've been involved with computers [in a platonic sort of way] since about 1965, even before then I loved the idea of Jacquard Looms [or actually loom heads, I believe] with their punched card programs. This isn't really really attractive is it or is it? We're the people that make everything go, nowadays.
Here's a list of things that I like and dislike, in the hope that chords (preferably not gloomy, diminished ones) will be struck:
- - semi-retired and live in east London and France and travel a bit, work if I have to (though I enjoy what I 'do')
- - spend a fair amount of time on voluntary projects in east London
- - not necessarily looking for a live-in relationship but I'd be delighted to find one
- - like people that like words (they like to read and maybe write), art and popular music (jazz, blues everything except disco and 'pop')
- - like thinkers and unusual people especially mixtures of
- - like sushi, dim sum, all-you-can-eat, Sunday roasts AND transport cafes
- - like Dylan, Bert Jansch, Nick Drake, jazz guitarists, Fairport convention and Jimi Hendrix, for example. I play and write too, probably not great but I enjoy it
- - like James Lee Burke, Daniel Woodrell, James Sallis, Haruki Murakami, Neal Stephenson, Pynchon (someone just re-issued Gravity's Rainbow, more fun than Harry Potter...)
- - like social justice but not PC or Grauniad style
- - French is good and I spend quite a lot of time there
- - in spite of my advanced age [haha], semi-retirement and anorakicity [to coin a word], I like to run, 5k every Saturday and up to half marathon here and there, not looking for whist/golf players anyway
Here's some dislikes:
- Career, piles of possessions, wine-bars (oh how I hate All Bar One and Starbucks!)and yuppy chit-chat (about salaries and possessions...)
- Insincere talk and no-shows
- Log-fire and champagne and other TV/media inspired images of happiness, happy is happy, it doesn't depend on props...
* Bobo is bohemian-bourgeois, I've a middle class
background and education but (if left unsupervised) I'll live in a somewhat bohemian way (I -do- wash though (especially on my birthday, wash behind my ears on that special day too (with soap)) and I don't take drugs, smoke or drink)
Here's some-being-worked-on music, if okcupid allows urly interweb thingies.
In spite of this list of likes and dislikes, I'm not uncompromising or cantankerous. I'm very practical and realistic about material things,just don't want to be dominated by them.
I am kind, mad, and creative