Statement of intent: Relationship-wise, I'm on a continued passive search for a "perfect"(for me) mate(female). If I find her, cool. If I don't, meh.
And let me clarify that I despise "dating", and all that it represents, in regards to how it differs from two people just hanging out together. I would prefer that the profile offer "long-term relationship" as an option.
Astrology is fun, but I don't put any real, hardcore stock in it.
But as a point of reference, I'm diggin' the Sagittarius (western) Boar (eastern) profile combo.
For the record, I'm an Aries Hare (or Cat, if you prefer).
I originally joined for the tests, primarily. I have joined other "dating" sites out of curiosity, but they quickly bored me. The "dating" aspect of this site is not much of an issue for me. Even though I don't do it all that often, the "journal" has kept me here.
My attendance is greatly increased when I'm looking for intellectual stimulation.
I'm a t-shirt and jeans guy, though I'm transitioning to black cargo pants/shorts, because the extra pockets REALLY come in handy as a locksmith. I'm practical. Not really into impractical symbolism, such as ceremonies and holidays.
I'm quite content to stay at home, unless there's some special event. Let's just say that I'm amply entertained when at home.
I'm a thinker, philosopher, creator, observer, knowledge-seeker.
I am most definitely an INTJ. INTJ profile
If you're looking for my core values, then this list might be a good place to start. My Rules In Life... so far As the title suggests, it is subject to change over time.
I don't care about sports. I respect all skills and abilities, and I might be willing to casually participate in a sport, but otherwise, I don't give a crap.
If I were to lose all of my material possessions, and I had to start over again, this is my list of things (non-consumables) to get (in no particular order):
Good mattress, good pillow, good computer system with internet connection, tv with satellite and DVR, a bowl, a spoon, a toothbrush, hair clippers, nail clippers, a hat, clothes and a house (with a shower... and central air and heating) to put it all in. And a refrigerator.
That's my comfortable life survival kit.
I wish I had the time and money to build all the things that think up. I would love to build my own house. I did build my own bed, and I still have to finish renovating the bathroom.
I'm slowly becoming progressively minimalist, but it is at odds with the fact that I am practical and creative, meaning I don't like to throw away something that I might put to good use, but my mess is at least smaller than it has been.
Politically, I'm a Conservative Libertarian. Freedom tempered with wisdom. I'm not active in politics but I do stay aware.
I try to live by the Golden Rule: Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you. Unfortunately, some people don't always like being treated the way I want them to treat me.
For instance, if you think you're helping me when I don't ask for it, then you're mostly likely just getting in my way.
And if some old person falls, and there's already three other people closer already getting in each other's way to help him/her, then what possible good reason is there for me to jump up from my seat to add to the cluster?
So, no, I'm not being uncaring or inconsiderate. I'm staying the fuck out of the way.
I'm allergic to cats. Apart from the itchy, watery, puffy eyes they give me, and the sneezing, I like cats well enough, but I'm a dog person. More specifically, I'm a Rottweiller person. I am absolutely not interested in small dogs. But to be honest, I'm not really into having pets to begin with.
I'm such a selective composition of various types of people. It can become frustrating when viewing multiple matches here. Most of the people who really catch my attention are either seriously Christian or don't like horror movies, or zombie movies specifically. grr
Oh, well. The search continues.
Profile qualities that disappoint me and make me weep for humanity (in no particular order):
1. Your name contains any references to royalty (i.e queen, princess, etc...). Same for angel/devil references and if you think you're a diva. And you're really pushing it if your name includes "4u".
2. You have no pictures. You have only one picture, though I forgive you if you're relatively new.
3. You are flashing 1 or more gang signs, even if sarcastically. Not a fan of the "peace" sign, either.
4. Your picture is of you 50 feet away.
5. Your summary includes that you like/love to have fun/a good time.
6. Your summary includes that you like/love to laugh.
7. Your summary includes that you're open-minded and/or tolerant. I automatically don't trust you.
8. You say "OMG".
9. You say that you enjoy/live life to its fullest. We have very different definitions of "fullest". I highly doubt that anyone on this site is actually enjoying/living life to its fullest.
Here are some helpful You-to-Me translations:
1. You say are "divorced", "separated", "just ended a bad relationship", etc..., I hear, "I have bad judgement."
2. You say "high-maintenance", I hear "shallow and materialistic".
3. You say "high-energy", I hear "I'll never shut up or be still for two seconds".
4. You say "I'm tolerant", I hear "I'm a Liberal, and I'm "tolerant" of everyone who agrees with me, plus, I don't fully understand what 'tolerance' actually is".
I definitely have a lot of opinions (political and otherwise), and I'm open to discussion on any topic. No question is too personal, but there are some I might not answer for practical reasons, so, if there is literally anything at all you might be wondering about me, then feel free to ask me out of the blue and without pretense.
For a much closer look into me, feel free to go to my MySpace page, that I never visit anymore, to view my profile and read some of my blog entries.
Or you can just visit my own personal webpage that I designed myself and that is all nifty and junk. Humanimaland is jam-packed with stuff of mine that you probably won't give a crap about.
Song in my head, Saturday, January 19, 2013. 11:01 PM CST:
"Gimme That Punk" by Audio Bullys.
Humanimal also recomends "Opiliones: The Men of the Arthropods!" by StrummingSally. (volume is kinda low)
I saw this on Tosh.0, and I laughed for at least 30 seconds straight. Love it.