Now for the funny (and sad): http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things-i-learned-from-worst-online-dating-profile-ever/
Warning: Shit's about to get real here.
I've been doing this online dating thing for a while, and I've dated many potential suitors or what not thanks to OKC. But while I've found that it's good for quantity, it lacks in quality. I've dated some great guys, made some good friends, and had some incredible dates. But on the flip side, I've dated some absolute douchebags, and I have enough dating horror stories for my own HBO series. So I'm going to put this out there because I'm thinking of giving this all up, and I have nothing to lose:
- I'm looking for a long-term relationship with a kind, intelligent, emotionally available, witty, adorably nerdy or geeky, professional, mature man who is seeking the same. And yes, I'm yet another Asian girl who typically dates white men.
- This does not mean I am looking for exclusivity on the first date.
- This also does not mean that I am looking for you to put a ring on it on the second date. But it would be nice if that were something you'd like to do one day.
- I am not looking to date anyone whose life creedo is "lie, cheat, steal," as I'm not looking to date a liar, cheater, or thief. If any of those apply to you, please hit the back button and try another.
- I'm a fun date, and I'm an incredible friend. I find that I'm at my best when I'm in a relationship, though I'm also good on my own.
- I have always loved children and thought I'd be a mom, but now I'm on the fence about having my own. I also love single dads, and I would welcome being a stepmom (challenges and all).
- I also have the sweetest dog ever, so if you're a dog owner and would like to have a doggy play date or are just plain awesome (or BOTH!), please feel free to drop me a line!
And lastly, this is the kind of love I'm looking for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno