1. I'm smart. Not in the pretentious, I can quote obscure authors sort of way, but in the quick-thinking, analytical sort of way.
2. I'm also pretty funny. My mom and dad think I'm hilarious, but they are likely exaggerating. But at the very least I can make the people around me laugh.
3. I'm quite caring, which makes me a great friend. For some reason, this is usually not the first trait people notice about me, but it becomes apparent as you get to know me better.
4. I can cook. I love making dinner for the people I care about.
5. I'm a teacher, so if you've been harboring that "hot for teacher" fantasy, I'm your girl. Though I kind of hope this doesn't come up...
6. I like football and basketball. LOVE the Bulls. Which means this whole D. Rose thing has me, to say the least, conflicted .
7. I look good in a cocktail dress and cute in sweats, which I'm pretty sure you're all looking for.
8. I will get along with your friends and if you take me to a party, you don't have to babysit me all night. In fact, I may have more fun than you do.
9. I'm passionate about certain political issues and I can't/won't date men who are uncomfortable around gay people. You don't have to spend every weekend at a gay bar, but if you'd never even consider having a gay friend, we probably won't get along.
10. I am a kick ass parallel parker.
11. I've recently started playing my violin again and just had my debut performance with the faculty rockband (hence the picture). And get this: the violin is pink!
12. I love action movies, even bad, Steven Seagal ones. Or especially bad, Steven Seagal ones.
13. I want you to make fun of me, and hope you want the same from me. It's pretty boring when people are too nice to each other.
Things you may not like about me:
1. I don't like baseball. I'll go to a game and I won't complain about it, but given the choice, I'll never opt to watch a game on TV.
2. I don't like Mexican food. I realize this is a huge character flaw and I've tried to overcome it but I've been unsuccessful thus far.
3. I love musicals. I'll never expect you to go see them with me, but I gotta come clean.
4. And, while we're on the subject, you probably won't love my taste in music. I like oldies. Like, 94.7 on the radio oldies. I like classic rock too, and pop, but usually, when someone asks me the loaded question "what kind of music do you like?" I just respond "bad music."
5. It can take me a while to warm up to someone I'm dating. I'm not shy, but I'm wary of relationships moving too quickly and so I tend to take things pretty slowly. This doesn't mean I don't like you, it just means I'm cautious.
6. I'm pretty independent. I've lived alone for three years and I own my place, so I'm pretty used to doing things myself. As a result, I'm not really very needy. This doesn't mean I don't need people, (I love people!) but I don't think it's always clear to a a guy how he fits in to my life. For example, if we're carrying a bunch of beer to a party, I will instinctually try to carry everything, not because I want to or because I need to prove anything, but because it literally won't occur to me not to. Feel FREE to take the beer from me, and then make fun of me for carrying it in the first place.
7. I have a close relationship with an amazing family but we're a little odd. Like, we constantly make fun of each other and the phrase "f-you" has become a term of endearment, which may be a bit difficult for some to handle.
So, if the good sounds good to you, and the bad doesn't sound all bad, feel free to shoot me an email. I'm sure I'd love to meet you.