I love to travel and learn. I enjoy meeting new people, and having new experiences. 2014 was full of all of those things. May the trend continue in '15!
I like the outdoors, and can include snowboarding and SCUBA diving as hobbies. I just bought myself a bunch of new dive gear that I plan on using a lot.
I am a guy who has a few close friends who I will do absolutely anything for, and I think they'd return the favor. I come from a small family that I am very close with, and I include my friends as an extension of my family.
I am looking to travel more outside of work. While I have done a bit of traveling, mostly Northern Europe and Scandinavia, I would love to make it a regular thing. I finally made it to Mexico recently, and I loved it. I really need to pick warm destinations more often...
I also love to cook. Maybe I'm not "really good," ( I have worked with some amazing chefs, and as a result maybe my standards are skewed), but I rarely get complaints. Any complaints are usually because I used some ingredient that is foreign to my family's Midwestern palette. My usual arrangement is that I'll buy, host and cook, but damn if I don't hate doing dishes.
As far as movies, consider me a fan. My collection is primarily comedy and action, as they can be put on at any time. I have to be in the mood for something more dramatic, though I did love the Dragon Tattoo movies.
Movies that I can throw in anytime
Big Fish (damned if I don't get sentimental with this one)
Mars Attacks (We come in peace. We come in peace. Ack Ack!)
We Were Soldiers -- one of the few that is as good as the book
The Abyss -- Probably my all-time favorite
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Dazed and Confused
Sick of reading yet? Lets talk about the rest, music food etc.
3. My job. I'd rather list my job as man of leisure, but that won't be happening any time soon.
4. A quiet place for me. I love being around people, but sometimes some time alone with my thoughts is necessary.
5. Something to read. I read everything. Even the cereal box at breakfast and shampoo bottle in the shower.
6. Good produce. I like cooking, and while I *could* live without meat, I don't think I'd be very happy without fresh fruits and veggies.
* I am in no danger of going vegetarian. But if you are, I have several specialties I could keep you happy with.
I am equally at home at El Gaucho as I am camping. Whether shuffleboard and a beer is in the cards or a hotdog at the zoo, I'm up for it.