I'm married and polyamorous. My wife is l0lakitten, and she's my love and my best friend. She's 100% on board with me forming my own relationships on my own terms, and I support her doing the same. We've been poly for four years now. She's got an amazing life partner she's been with for about two years; I'm not currently seeing anybody else.
I'm a nerd. I crank out software for a living. I fancy myself a photographer (I have some of my work in the photos section, if you're curious). I read lots of non-fiction. I quote Firefly randomly. I dress in garb for Renn Faire every year (what's better than dressing like a pirate, drinking beer, and people watching?)
My wife likes to say I'm dapper as fuck. I wear vests. I wear wingtips. I'm more fashion aware/conscious than a straight man should be.
I'm sex-positive and a feminist who believes in female empowerment and informed consent. I marvel at the shit-awful ways fellow members of the United Fraternity of the Brotherhood of the Y-Chromosome treat women, here and in the world. Regardless of anything, you'll never have me treat you that way - I am not entitled to your body, time, or validation, and I don't view you as property or a conquest.
I'm athletic and outdoorsy. I Crossfit. I used to run competitively. I found my truest self in a small mountain town where upon moving in, they issue you a kayak and a large dog. Standard fare in that town was driving half-a-mile to work and then running 5k on your lunch break, or driving a $500 car with a $5000 mountain bike on the roof. I like being in the sun and getting dirty.
I love to cook. Food is the medium through which I show love, and that's an avenue of expression for my paternal/protector/provider soul, no doubt. I love music and art, but I'm not terribly talented at either. I'm generally in awe of the creativity others master that I'm just not capable of.
Other details that may shed some light into my personality, I'm libertarian, I'm Jewish, I keep to the paleo diet, and I love (and have three) dogs. I'm originally from Texas and I love southern/Americana music (but not mainstream country). If you cringed at the word "Texas", keep in mind that it's telling I left. I sometimes harbor fantasies of moving back, though.
On a completely different note, I'm kinky, sadistic, and Dominant. I firmly believe dominant is not the same thing as controlling, and dominance confers more responsibility than privilege. My relationships involve kink as often as they don't.
People in my life who I love would describe me as kind, direct, intense, loyal, patient, intelligent, and expressive - also way too hard on myself. I do try to hold myself to very high standards, sometimes unreasonably. I endeavor to be the sort of man my dogs believe I am.
I like reading your explanations to questions on here. I've written a lot of them, so if you're interested in some of the finer details of who I am, that's probably a good place to look.
If you're interested in being friends, please just write. My wife and I love having interesting, amazing, kind, and positive people in our lives and creating our home into a safe space where nobody judges and everybody's consent is respected. Our home is filled with puppies, wine, music, art, conversation, and warmth. Our family is the family we choose.
If you're interested in some manner of non-platonic relationship, some of the recommended criterion are....
* You're experienced with, familiar with, or at least curious about polyamory - my wife is the gravity of my universe, and I'm *never* going to leave her (nor her me).
* You are honest with yourself as much as you are honest with others. You're controversial but not dramatic - in fact, you're drama averse.
* You're curious and want to grow. Most of my friends are educated, but all of them are passionate.
* You say what you think and mean what you say.
* You love to laugh.
* You're not a jealous or possessive person - because I'm really neither - but you're okay sharing your insecurities and worries when you have them (we all do).
* You're experienced with, familiar with, or at least curious about kink (and you identify as submissive).
* You respect your body, take excellent care of it, and enjoy using it to its full potential - but you're pretty sure you can drink me under the table.