Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
I sometimes take things from the person behind me in the
supermarket queue at the register and pay it for them. I sometimes
walk around in short pants with knee-high black socks (that way,
all women turn around to look at you!). I like driving around the
city very slowly with the windows down and very loud "Volksmusik"
coming out of my speakers (yes, it's terrible music, but I find it
so grotesquely terrible that I can laugh at its dumbness for
hours). At my university, I sometimes went to the cafeteria's piano
and started playing military marches to see if someone would
complain (I am a pacifist!). When I buy flowers, I present them to
the florist and ask her if she wants to marry me.
As a child, I had a lot of hamsters. None of them lived longer than
a year, and the stories of how they died were popular at my
I am a warm, expressive and sensitive person who can give a lot of
feeling and warmth. I am often absent-minded and wrapped up in my
thoughts and fantasies.
I really hate my username here, but don't want to pay to change it.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
A cultural scientist and language enthusiast working in the
"internet industry". I have a decent job, but my private life could
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
- losing things (especially glasses and umbrellas (who needs
- losing my orientation in even small cities (probably because I am
from a tiny village) -> thanks to online map services, I no
longer get lost too often, but I also don't accidentally discover
those great spots you never knew existed anymore
- forgetting things
- being so ironic that it often gets a little too sarcastic
- posting stupid things on the internet
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
A lot of people often don't know whether I am joking or being
serious. I have to work on that.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Some books I liked as an adult:
* Hermann Hesse: Steppenwolf
* Fyodor Dostoyevsky: Crime and Punishment (wow!)
* Paul Auster: Moon Palace and New York Trilogy (long time ago, but
still in good memory)
* Nicholas Carr: The Shallows
* Michel Houellebecq: The Elementary Particles
* Juli Zeh: Corpus Delicti
Favorite childhood/youth books:
* Kafka: Die Verwandlung
* Michael Ende: Momo und die grauen Herren (had a big influence on
* Gudrun Pausewang: Die Wolke
* Orwell: 1984
* Huxley: Brave New World
* Shaw: Pygmalion
Movies: I like watching them, but I usually forget them two days
after watching them. I also don't know movie stars, and apart from
some exceptions (Stromberg), I don't watch soaps. I don't
understand why people still have TVs if everything can be accessed
through the internet.
I think that there is something interesting and beautiful in almost
every type of music, you just have to be open to listen to it for a
while which most people aren't. They just prefer to listen to
boring, predictable pop music.
I play the piano and make my own music. Some of the more popular
music I listen to and like:
* Chilly Gonzales
* Mike Oldfield: Especially "Ommadawn"
* Chick Corea
* Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of the Worlds
* Thomas Lindstrom and Prins Thomas
* The soundtrack to the movie "Drive"
* Being new in Switzerland, I have (re-)discovered "Patent
Ochsner"'s nice, warm, soothing music. Just a bit too cheesy at
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
Not necessarily in this order:
- a good bed (I need really comfortable positions to sleep
- and some more I forgot
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
If I admit it here it is no longer private.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
* you are a warm and tolerant person who doesn't mind hugs
* you don't mind being a little freaky or unusual sometimes
* You don't wear clothes that have their brand names all over it
(Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses will make you 2 kilos
* You are not into a schicki-micki luxury type of culture but can
still appreciate a good glass of wine, food, concerts or
* you need someone to hit the road with you on your bike, or if you
need a basketball partner :)
* you want to
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.