I’ve walked across hot coals, I’ve kayaked the strait of Juan de Fuqua, Been to 48 of 50, along with several other counties (not enough...) I’ve been in the boardroom, I’ve owned business’, I’ve done manual labor, I’ve been onstage, I’ve been backstage, I’ve been on TV, I’ve sat on the couch and watched TV…
Top nine reasons we will probably never meet
1. I’m busy, my job helps make the world a better place (in a tiny little way) I’m also a (1/2 time) single parent to a wonderful teen, and you’re busy too. I have time for a special someone, maybe its you!
2. You are not interested in a happy, well-adjusted, educated, employed guy who treats women (people in general) well and likes puppies.
3. Your idea of “going out” involves McDonald’s…ever. I’m not really anti fast food (oh, a little) I even eat the stuff occasionally, just would rather go out to someplace more interesting, or go for a walk, picnic, zoo, concert, etc.
4. You smoke; abuse recreational drugs, including alcohol, eat nothing but junk; don’t take care of your mind and your body, are a religious fanatic, or are otherwise dogmatic & doctrinaire about things.
5. You don’t enjoy the company of a man who will cook you dinner, or take you out someplace new, or order a pizza, hey, pizza delivery, a bottle of wine, a fire – it can make for a fine evening.
6. You are unwilling to indulge my interests; I like my world to include music, laughter, family, friends, art, good food, sports, etc. I like trying new things and exploring new places, I’m somewhere in the middle of the “adrenaline junkie” to “couch potato” scale, but sometimes I need some down time to recharge, I don’t need you to be in sync with me on everything, I need you to be willing to work with me to make our lives “work” together – honesty, communication and compromise are the things that I think are key components in a relationship. What about you?
7. You think we have no “chemistry” which is fine by me, but if you have no understanding of the interaction of the major histocompatibility complex (DNA) and hormones, well, you don’t know chemistry at all – the same guy will cause you to react differently at different times, look it up, you like who you like, but is that the best way to pick someone? (Yes, I am too smart for my own good, also can be an ass…)
8. Related to #7, you decide to keep doing what you’ve been doing; because that’s been working so well that we’re both here. Yeah, I’m an expert too!
9. You don’t take a chance and email me.
Look, the fact of the matter is that I’ve enjoyed the company of some fantastic women in my life, I don’t “settle” (well, there was the one time in college…), you shouldn’t either. I enjoy meeting new people and if you are attractive, intelligent, reasonably fit, passionate, and have more than a passing interest in the world around you, I would probably enjoy meeting you. If you, like me, are confident, honest, optimistic, and passionate with goals, hopes and dreams – don’t waste time – email NOW!