1. I’m pretty quick on my feet…how else do you navigate family events when half your family is Jewish the other half is Catholic?…
2. I love my friends. I love my friends so much that while floating down the New River Gorge, my future “Best Man” looked at me and said “I don’t know how to swim” to which I said “don’t fall out of the boat”…I thought that was sound advice….He fell out of the boat anyways.....I dove in after him.
3. I love my friends part 2…a friend once left me with a scar. At the age of 38, he mysteriously forgot how to ride a bike and fell in front of me….since I was following right behind him at 25 miles an hour…I tried to “gently” ride over him…no dice…instead I got a free lesson on how to fly…my landing technique is still up for debate.
4. I’m a fan of education. I think learning is fun. I think sharing what you learned is even more fun. I don’t however really care where you went to school or how many football championships your alma mater won. I will root for the underdog 9 out of 10 times.
5. I love my kids…I love them very much. Sometimes I love them from far away…like from Mexico or Europe. I always come back, eventually…but let’s be honest with each other…we all need a break.
6. I was once in a pretty significant car wreck on the way to the airport. We managed to total the rental car, have the cop pick us up only to drop us off in a really seeding part of town, rent a cab and still make my flight. I get my boarding pass and see I’m in row 13…I shit you not. What’s the luck? I get on the plane anyways. I’m not superstitious…it’s bad luck.
7. I played soccer most of my life. Even played on the Olympic Development Team…which means I didn’t suck…but I wasn’t good enough to make the national team…hence why I went to college. I do however still ski, love to hike, and given the opportunity I will watch a quality soccer match.
8. I lean left. That means if you are going to qualify a statement by staring off with “I’m not a racist but…” or “I’m not homophobic but”…you are a racist or a homophobe…which doesn’t sit well with me.
9. I like to work out. If frees the mind, make the body feel good, and allows me to drink alcohol a not look like I’m a seventy year-old salesman off of the movie set of Glengarry Glen Ross…for those who have not seen the movie…just skip ahead to the scene when Alec Baldwin’s character first enters…it is truly a priceless moment in modern day cinema.
10. I’m a guy, but not a guy’s guy. I don’t know much about cars. I don’t shoot guns. I can fix things, but frankly I rather pay someone else to do it so I can go out and have a beer with my friends. Beer I know. Cars, not so much.
11. I love movies, music, books. I will watch, listen, or read almost anything…though I don’t really care for country music…sorry.
12. I think making people laugh is my part-time job. I at least treat is as if it is.
13. I’m a social person…when I first enter a crowd of people…I tend to hang back, but once I get to know you and the “crew”, watch out.
14. I do believe in love. I am affectionate. I like leaving little notes and holding hands in public is always in play. So there I said it….let’s move on.
15. I have lived in two countries (born in Mexico) and eight states….Cali, MD, PA, NY, WV, GA, MI, and CO. I am not an army brat…I just find moving makes it harder for the FBI to find me. As far as I’m concerned, I’m not moving again…let’s see how long it takes them to find me….I’m placing the over/under at 3 years. Let’s be honest…if it took over three years for our government to find a 6’7” Taliban on dialysis….it’s bound to take them a while to find me.
16. I studied chemistry, physics, philosophy, and religion in school. Then I dabbled in polymer chemistry and I stopped once I got my MBA. I can talk hydrogen bonding and electromagnetic theory…rants about arguments made by Ayn Rand and absolute objectivism / capitalism…I can blabber on about free market and emotional quotient and the impact individuals have on group settings, but I will be honest with you (which I have since 1.) some of that is interesting, but I would rather talk about stupid shit, people watch, and quote movies…like “"I look good. I mean really good. Hey everybody come over here and see how good I look”…Ron Burgundy
17. Lastly, I’m a smart ass. I’m sure this is a shocker to you…hopefully that didn’t come out of left field!
18. And for those who are counting…the reason I became an organic chemist was so I didn’t have to do math…I know I’m on number 18 of my top 10. Thanks