I have a quirky, sarcastic, somewhat dark sense of humor and I love to laugh. I need a lot of alone time. Politically I am super liberal. I am a socialist. I detest organized religion.
I really like tattoos. I have two and I am planning on more. I think they are super sexy on other people.
I like being upfront and honest. I'm not looking for anything casual. Being nonmonogamous and being not serious are different things. Don't panic! I won't try to propose on the second date or anything. I just mean that if serious relationships aren't an option for you, we'd both be wasting our time.
I'm a teacher.Currently subbing, I'll be starting school to get my certificate next month. I have plans to build a Tiny House. I want to move to England to teach.
In my free time I make things. Usually things you can eat or wear.
I'm good at finding the humor in most things.
Authors/Poets/Books: Terry Pratchett is my favorite author and I was thrilled to have the honor of meeting him last summer. Douglas Adams is also at the top of my list. Anne Rice (before she got all religious). Neil Gaiman. Saul Williams and Robert Frost. The Color Purple, Walden Two, House of Leaves, Tuck Everlasting, The Boxcar Children, The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pitman, The Year of Living Biblically. I like short stories, especially ghost and horror stories. It's rare that I read a book I really don't like. A few of the stand outs: Redwall, Steinbeck (The Grapes of Wrath wasn't bad but The Pearl was awful), Lonesome Dove (It was great until I discovered it had no ending), Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison.
Movies: The Goonies, What Dreams May Come, Hotel Rwanda, The Life of David Gale, The Game, Neverwhere, Silent Hill
Music: Bush, Nirvana, Presidents of the USA, Barenaked Ladies, Maroon 5, Billy Holiday, Janis Joplin, The Beatles, John Mayer, The Tossers, Green Day, old Metallica, Regina Spektor, Alanis Morissette, Michael Buble, Weird Al, Twin Atlantic, Fallout Boy, Tom Waits, Gregorian Monk Chants, Credence Clearwater Revival, Ella Fitzgerald, Garth Brooks, Third Eye Blind, Candlebox, Matchbox 20
Food: Carbs. Pasta, potatoes, bread, chocolate. I also really like sushi, coffee, good wine, Guiness and vegetables (pretty much all of them).
2. Books. I love the smell of libraries.
3. Pets (preferably cats)
4. Laughter. Everything can be funny. Nothing is sacred.
5. Science. There is order to the universe and if you test it properly you can discover it.
6. Chocolate. I'm a girl.
What makes people tick.
What else I can train a dog to do.
How to make things.
A note to the guys: Want to make your profile better?
1) Post close up pictures of your face WITHOUT hats or sunglasses and not taken in a bathroom.
2) Fix ALL the typos. Use complete sentences with proper grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation.
3) DON'T use the following terms: laid back, easy going, "females" (Ugh! We're not cattle!), lonely (you'll seem desperate), I hate online dating/making a profile (why are you here then?)
4) Write about what makes you unique. What are your goals? What do you value? Show off that sense of humor.