So after focusing on other parts of my life for the last few years I decided that I need to make time for socializing. Here is more about me:
* I work at a job that I love that can be quite time consuming but is also rather seasonal so there are times when I really have to work at this new resolve to socialize more.
* I tend to be very curious about the world around me and try to learn new things as often as possible.
* I read a tremendous amount pretty much any genre if it sparks an interest.
* I am not much of a TV watcher at all but do admit to an addiction to "Criminal Minds" and the "CSI" programs. I generally will watch these if I happen to be home when they are on. Never see many movies but I am not opposed to going occasionally. The books usually ARE better but not always. ;-)
* I do love many sports but have an aversion to American football and baseball. That's OK if you do like them as I said people don't have to be joined at the hip. You may not care for the sports I love: Soccer, competitive swimming, lacrosse, gymnastics, volleyball and many more. I am pretty active but spectate most of those sports now that I have a replacement knee.
* I do love to cook but hate the daily grind so I tend to cook only a few times a week.
*Gardening is my mental health break everyday...a few hours spent in the yard just chases any stress away! I plant a lot of perennials and bulbs to see how they grow and then rearrange them but I am getting better at guessing what their habits will be.
* oh yeah...tastes in music...mine are very eclectic. I love jazz, blues, bluegrass, classical, country, rock...I have an open mind about most things.
* politically (wow this can cause a lot of conflict between people) I am a social liberal but I do support the military (daughter and son-in-law in the Navy) I read quite a bit about politics lately as it is an election year but find it good to check facts at factcheckdotorg. They seem to do a good job of providing the truth and remaining non-partisan.
* Feel free to ask me about pretty much any subject as I am not shy and will discuss nearly anything. I am usually very interested in what people have to say.
* After several inquiries about my lack of a profile picture I feel compelled to add: My job precludes me from posting my picture on this type of site. If we decide to meet for coffee etc. you will have to trust me that I won't leave you looking for the girl in the feather boa at the coffee shop! ;-) I can share a photo privately if the need arises.