I am rewriting all of this to save a lot of people a lot of time. The first things you need to know about me are:
1) I am in a polyamorous relationship. If you don't know what that means a broad generalization is that it's an open relationship but not all about sex. I believe that you can love more than one person in your life at the same time.
2) I also have a second girlfriend. That means that while I'm not unavailable, I'm really busy. I'm also not actively looking for anyone right now. A great woman could change my mind though and everyone else could become a great friend.
3) I guess a good way to describe me is a geek in the woods. I'm geeky and I'm also a bit hippie. I'm very 'bookish' and currently I'm working on writing a couple of books. Maybe I'll even publish them someday.
4) I will not tolerate drugs in my life. Pot is fine, in moderation. Everything else is off the table. Not even a little bit. You did it in the past fine, we can talk about it, but even weed can ruin a perfectly good person. My ex chose weed over me. I will never come second, ever again.
5) My girlfriend(s) says I'm wonderful, caring and fun. My friends say I'm brilliant, funny and wonderfully misbehaved. My ex says I'm a man-whore, jerk. My kids say I'm their best teacher and I'm cool. My co-workers say I'm patient and a "lifesaver". I think that covers the whole gamut of who I am to different people. Take your pick.
If you're still reading this and not offended or run off by something above we now return you to our regularly scheduled profile.
I'm kind of a geek. I enjoy Sci-fi, fantasy stories, computer games, anime and the internet. But I want a back to nature lifestyle including growing my own food and producing green electricity so no one but myself has control over my life.
The closest I've gotten to any career in my life is that I am currently working in IT and I am very good at it. I really don't want to do this the rest of my life, but it pays the bills. At one point I had a short story published in a kids sci-fi magazine so I guess you could say I'm a writer, but my writing endeavors since have fallen flat due to lack of time to finish them. I am currently working on two books though, so we'll see.
Things I am passionate about: I really, really, really love food. It might be my meaning to life. The way some people are passionate about sex, or drugs, or parties, I am about food. I've worked in gourmet food and learned a great deal. I can cook rather well, though I'm usually too lazy to do so. I especially love sushi, cheese, truely crafted breads, steak, and most of those fatty greasy foods that your doctor tells you to avoid like fried chicken and chilli dogs.
Sex. Self explanatory. I am a "soft dom". I do not get too deep into the BDSM community but I have dabbled with it and most women I have been with have found it fun. In case you skipped the bit above, I am also Polyamorous. If you are not familiar with the term it means that I believe you can love more than one person at the same time without being unfaithful to anyone. It requires open and honest communication between all parties. I have a girlfriend and she is free to have other partners as long as we all agree, just as I am free to have other partners as long as we all agree. People sometimes ask how you can do this. I tell them it's like having more than one child. A parent doesn't love one child and not the other, they just love their children differently. Each relationship is different, so they provide different things to you emotionally, physically, etc. It has been very good for me and has made my personal relationships more fulfilling.
Music. I listen to a great deal of music. Classic rock, hard rock and metal are my favorite genres though I also enjoy some blues, house, trance and industrial.
Nature, I love to walk in the woods, sit by the river, watch birds fly or the clouds roll by. I love nature. I practice a modern variation on Native American Medicine (or Shamanism), so nature and respect for all living things is pretty big with me.
I guess that's me in a nutshell, if you want to know more let me know.
I am funny, nerdy, and curious