Some random facts about me…. some random hopes about you.
• I am endlessly curious about life, and am always up for a conversation on just about any topic; I love learning from other people.
• I really prefer a laid back lifestyle, nothing fancy or pretentious. Yes, I can put on nice clothes and play the part when called upon to do so, but I’d much prefer living life in jeans and a polo shirt (and have found that this works for almost every place I like to go).
• I am told that I have a very good sense of humor, but will fight the urge to make a joke here for the sake of proving it (or not).
• I have two grown, beautiful daughters, who are my best friends.
• I love to travel; and while I certainly enjoy beach vacations, I really thrive on visiting out of the way places, and experiencing the food, art, history, landscape, and culture at the grassroots level. I have many destinations in mind, but know in my heart that it really is the journey, and travel partner, that matter most. (I have an ongoing daydream of moving to southern Europe for a while and exploring the greater Mediterranean area, perhaps starting with hiking El Camino de Santiago).
• I am fairly diligent about working out, as I really want to live life as fully as possible, for as long as possible; and no less so that I can eat as much as I want, of whatever I want.
•I love to eat and I like to cook; and I enjoy a good glass of wine with both endeavors.
• I like to be actively engaged, but equally appreciate the quiet joy of down time.
• Most importantly, though, I’d like to believe I am, and certainly aspire to be, an honest, empathetic, thoughtful, and caring person, who’s looking for just one woman with whom I can emotionally connect, and who will be my best buddy, confidante, lover, and partner.
And as for my hopes for you…
• you are honest and open; willing to share your thoughts and feelings, and over time share something really special in a relationship.
• laughter comes easily to you, and you always seek to find the joy and humor in life.
• I hope that you are never done learning and growing
• you live a healthy, active, yet indulgent, lifestyle, and you intend to continually explore and enjoy life to its fullest.
• you like to travel and experience new places and cultures. I would hope you have a sense of adventure, as well as a never-ending sense of awe and wonder at all that’s out there.
• you appreciate a good conversation; that resting on a beach, a bench, a blanket, or anywhere, and just sharing thoughts, and ideas, stories and dreams -preferably with a glass of wine or a cup of hot chocolate - is a truly great experience in and of itself.
If you in any way resemble the woman I’ve described, and if I come at all close to what you’re looking for, I hope life brings us together to explore the possibilities.