i'd love to meet someone who wants to go grab a cup of coffee, sit out in the park, wander around aimlessly*...something that involves conversation and getting to know one another. no sparks? let's be friends. date #2? even better.
i won't lie: i tend to be a little on the shy side at first, but that usually melts away pretty quickly, especially with someone i feel a connection with, romantic or otherwise. and then you can't shut me up, for better or for worse. (worse.)
i'm random & sarcastic and make appropriate jokes at inappropriate times, and inappropriate jokes at appropriate times. i'm kind of a dork and i appreciate other dorks. (anyone up for a bsg or doctor who marathong? mst3k?)
*this will not happen on hot summer days because i am canadian-blooded and summer makes me melt.
- making people laugh
- listening/giving advice
- speaking with a minnesotan accent (this is a skill that is under-appreciated but has proven to be pivotal in getting me to where i am in life*)
- i also really enjoy purposely misspelling like-sounding words. (czech instead of check; thyme instead of time; suite instead of sweet...you get the idea.) yup. i do that. hi.
* no it hasn't been
music: i'm sorta all over the place here, but have a special place in my heart for shitty pop music. leave me alone.
tv: game of thrones, spartacus, mad men, under the dome, how to get away with murder, battlestar galactica, dr. who (bbc), buffy, angel, true blood, gossip girl, falling skies, i love lucy, the simpsons, will & grace, desperate housewives, smallville, weeds, how i met your mother, the big bang theory, top chef, chopped, hell's kitchen, master chef, project runway, family guy, futurama, dirt.
movies: clueless, mean girls, citizen kane, run lola run, monster, cloverfield, a dirty shame, brokedown palace, go, memento, shattered glass, girl interrupted, america's sweethearts, party girl, beaches, dune, battle royale, devil wears prada
food: i'm pretty adventurous with food, and will try just about anything once. (to date, duck tongue is probably one of the strangest so far.) day to day, i'm especially fond of mexican, thai, and italian. would love to meet someone to introduce me to things i've never tried before.
2. my phone
3. netflix instant
4. ties. both of the regular & the bow persuasion.
5. fans. both the adoring and electronic wind-making kinds. it's hard for me to fall asleep without the latter.
6. my cat. leave me alone. i'm not a recluse. (or a lesbian.) he's just cute and we spoon at night. go away. (come back!)
*smiting will occur upon acquisition of said god-like superpowers. please be patient.
- you've got a good head on your shoulders & you're smart. (but not too smart; i don't want you to make me look stupid.) also, if you know how to just let loose (take your top off and shake your twins!), that sure would be swell.