Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
I like to travel. A lot. Meeting new people, new cultures, having a
beer on the other side of the globe. I love living in a time when
that is not only possible, but affordable. Want to go to a concert
somewhere 2000 kilometres away? Let me just type in some magic
words into this gadget and there we go.
A related goal I have is to live abroad. I love Spain, but I want
to live in a culture different than mine. I want to wake up, have
breakfast, go to work, go shopping, go to the pub and all that has
to be in a foreign language.
I am fascinated by computers, and all the magic that surrounds
them. Do you know how many things happened between clicking my
profile and the page displaying on your screen?
I love music. I was born a little too late to enjoy the 80s, but I
got to enjoy the explosion of the Internet so it works out.
I used to be a gamer but I no longer play much except sometimes
casual cames. I still like playing videogames, but I don't have the
time to do it anymore.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
As of now, because college is expensive, I have a job at a
fast-food place. I enjoy it, but I have other plans in mind.
I aspire to be a programmer. The kind of person who is behind
Facebook, Twitter, your phone, traffic light patterns and your
microwave. Same way you don't know how the innards of a car work
but you drive it daily, my objective is to be behind the code that
is around us day to day and you don't even consider thinking about
it because it's invisible.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
- Picking up sarcasm, and firing back.
- Deciphering and fixing error messages from all kinds of computers
- Being the breadwinner, according to my dog which is a trusted
authority on breads of various kinds.
- Listening to a new song on repeat for about 40 times straight. If
it is still catchy or meaningful, it is allowed to stay.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
- The Matrix Trilogy. All of it. First time I have ever felt that
"wow" when watching a movie.
- Toy Story. Don't tell it's not awesome.
- Fight Club. Though utopic, it is a wonderful movie.
- Futurama (yes, it counts and I love all six of them).
- Inception. It's the kind of movie that begs you to discuss it
- Watchmen. Both movie and comic, though I like the ending of the
movie more to be honest.
- Mad Men. I love how subtle everyone is in this show.
- Game Of Thrones. Don't have to say anything, do I?
- Family Guy.
- House, M.D. Last two seasons were lackluster, but still good.
Don't get me started on the ending.
Books: Sadly, lately I don't read as much as I'd like to. But I
love science-fiction, and from time to time I re-read everything by
Isaac Asimov and everything related to the Dune universe.
I love Stephen King, but he suffers from LET'S DESCRIBE THE LEAFS
OF EVERY TREE syndrome, so I have to really be in the mood for it.
Same with George R.R. Martin, but I haven't been able to get into
Music: I am a metal-guy at heart, but I have various indie groups
that don't fit there and some drum and bass that I love listening
to. In no particular order:
- The Who.
- Nine Inch Nails.
- Death Cab For Cutie.
- Artic Monkeys.
- The Prodigy.
- Pink Floyd.
- Vetusta Morla.
- Love Of Lesbian.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
Travelling. If I spend more than 3 months without going somewhere,
my eyes turn green and I develop severe wanderlust.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Depends. Hard day of work? Chilling out at a pub with a beer or at
a friend's playing board games and sport-related videogames.
Day off? Pub and maybe disco afterwards.
Exams looming near? I don't even notice it's Friday, I'm knee-deep
in various computing-related things.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
After watching Memento I spent the following week with a slightly
irrational fear of losing my memory. I had frecuent nightmares
about waking up one day, surrounded by people I did not recognize
at all and had to hear all of them say that they are my coworkers,
friends, family or fiancée.
That said, I love the movie.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
- You want to dress like it's the 60s again and watch Mad
- You don't have a habit of spoiling the Game Of Thrones show for
people who have not read the books.
- You haven't been to a Nine Inch Nails concert and would like to
go (and if you have let's pretend you haven't, because I would
really hate-envy you).
- You loved the whole Matrix Trilogy, or would like to argue about
why the sequels ruined everything.
- You know that traffic lights patterns are not designed by
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.