I love being outdoors, especially when the weather is nice. Hiking, spending time at the lake or the beach, camping, visiting nature preserves, all some of my favorite activities. Enjoy a day outdoors and then end the day with a campfire, good music, and good company? That's a great day. I recently spent a weekend camping in Maine, White Water Rafting and Skydiving - AMAZING!
Some other things that are important to me, in no particular order, are:
- Laughing (I've got a vein of New England sarcasm running through me, thick skin, and no hesitation to laugh at myself or an abrasive or politically incorrect joke. I love playing Cards Against Humanity)
- Live Music (mostly going to shows, but I'm a decent campfire guitar player as well)
- Dancing (mostly country swing and line dancing, but I'm starting to learn more - looking for dance partners)
- Giving Back (through random acts of kindness, volunteering and donating my photography services to local non-profits)
- Boston Sports (Not in the Jimmy Fallon in 'Fever Pitch' kind of way - but I love to root for my hometown teams. Hockey is my favorite sport - I have season tickets to BU (my Alma mater) Hockey)
I believe in being kind and open-minded - that doesn't mean I don't have my own opinions on things - it just means I'm not so egotistical that I think my opinion should dictate how anyone else lives their life. If you're closed-minded, bigoted, if you believe contraception or same sex-marriage should be illegal, then we probably won't get along.
Because I work from home most of the day, most of my free time is spent out and about. You'll often find me outside with the pup and my camera, enjoying dinner, drinks and dancing with friends, catching some live music. If I am home I'm relaxing watching a movie, listening to some music, or working on my guitar playing.
Books: Dennis Lehane is my favorite Author by far. I'm also a fan of Atul Gawande, Memiors/Autobiographies.
Shows: The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Firefly.
Food: Food is delicious - particularly Thai & Sushi.
Outdoors, Nature, the Sun
Imagination & Creativity
Optimism & Kindness
- You're looking for something that could become long-term.