Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Some real true facts:
- I moved to Madison a couple of years ago from NYC for grad school
and to be closer to family (I'm from Milwaukee originally)
- I'm getting my Masters in Occupational Therapy (points if you
know what that is)
- I was a nanny when I lived in New York and will probably work in
- I have SIX incredibly spoilable nephews who are the loves of my
life, plus 2 more on the way!!! Boys, boys, boys.
- I am obsessed with Wisconsin sports. My poor nephews love the
brewers because of their cruel Auntie Karina.
- I just got back from the best summer of my life. I spent time in
Maine, Michigan, South Carolina, Guatemala, Colorado, and even did
a fieldwork rotation at Froedtert Hospital in my ol' hometown of
Milwaukee. Guatemala and Colorado were service learning trips and
had a profound impact on my way of thinking and my plans for my
career. I'm pretty pumped!
- I have all but decided that I will be living in Colorado after I
- If you've got a touch of country and a touch of a city and you
know how to strike up a balance - get at me
- I am attracted to kind, intelligent, witty, respectful,
- At this point in my life, I have been through the mill of casual
dating and I am pretty much over it. If you're out for something
fun and quick, I totally understand and I have been there, but I
will politely decline :) More in it for the long haul this time
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
SO MUCH LEARNING!! In my last year of grad school. Come May, I'll
be spending 3 months at UW hospital, then 3 months at a pediatric
hospital in Atlanta, then I'm on my own. Sweet, sweet freedom
("freedom" is loosely translated to "job searching" in this
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
Laughing. Baking cookies. Flip cup. Tailgating. Bags (I think some
people - weirdos, obviously - call this cornhole?). Being friends.
Taking care of kids. Meeting in person instead of filling out this
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I laugh easily and often and loudly
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
The Help, The Book Thief, The Hunger Games (the books...I'm a geek
who usually hates the movie versions of good books, Harry Potter
included), The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Forgetting Sarah
Marshall, Wedding Crashers, Juno, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day,
Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, Will and Grace,
Arrested Development, Girls, New Girl, Bob's Burgers.
Grace Potter, Emeli Sande, Jason Mraz, Sara Bareilles, Ingrid
Michaelson, Jesse J, Mumford & Sons, Paolo Nutini, Amy
Winehouse, James Taylor, Billy Joel...actually, I like basically
everything. Even some country (what's up, zac brown band). It's the
Wisconsin in me.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
- The right to change my mind
- 7-9 hours of sleep
- The great outdoors, all seasons included (I'm looking at you,
- Water. I seriously drink a ton of water.
- People who are smarter than me. I <3 education.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
In, watching a movie and saving money for the unavoidable poverty
associated with grad school, OR out, enjoying a delicious dinner
and maybe a couple of drinks with friends, OR somewhere else,
considering a move west to live life in the mountains (a girl can
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I'm a big old tender-hearted liberal.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
You have more to say than, "hey" or "wats up" or "hi beautiful"
...word to the wise, most girls are looking for a bit more.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.