A few things to know about me and what I’m looking for:
• First off, I’m a Christian, which means I think that having a personal relationship with Jesus is important. If you think so too, then we might be a match. If you don’t, then honestly, you will probably want to spend your time messaging someone else. Fair warning. :)
• I really like to read and I really like music. I would love to be in a relationship with someone who also really likes those things because those are things I get really excited about, and I would love to be with someone I can share those things with and who will be excited about them too.
• I regularly practice yoga. I try to go at least 3 times a week. I’d like to eventually get back to the gym and add some cardio back into my routine. I’m naturally athletic and played sports in high school, and I love to ski and take long walks, but I am never going to be your marathon buddy. If you like to do that, that’s awesome, but if you’re looking for someone to get up at 5am with you to run 10 miles, I’m not your girl.
• I have a borderline inappropriate sense of humor. I enjoy sarcasm. I also enjoy saying/doing things sometimes just to see how people will react. But I know where the line is. People tell me I’m funny. Sometimes I really want to just quietly sit in the corner and watch/listen to what’s going on. Sometimes I like being right in the center of it all telling a ridiculous story. I’m flexible that way. I would love to be with someone like that too. I don’t need to be with someone who is always looking for attention, but if you’re afraid to be seen/heard in public, I’ll probably find you a little hard to relate to.
• I like Sci-Fi. And beer. I’m 5’10, and I enjoy walking, so heels are something you will rarely see me in. But my nails are always done, and I was brought up pretty well. Your guy friends will not find me annoying. And your mother will probably think I am a lovely young lady. :-)
• I find most things interesting – especially if you find them interesting. Nothing is more attractive to me than someone who is really jazzed about something. (Unless you’re really jazzed about John Mayer. Or James Blunt. But pretty much everything else.) I cycle through a few hobbies – right now I’m into the whole home improvement thing. Which is a problem, because I rent. But I love fixing/making/improving things. And I love my cordless drill.
• I’m just looking for someone who is both my best friend and the love of my life. My idea of a good relationship is two people that enjoy spending a lot of time with each other, but also enjoy doing things on their own. Two people who really consider themselves partners in life, and who are honest and loyal and loving with each other. And can also be ridiculously silly and immature.
OK, now let’s talk about what I may not be looking for.
• 9 times out of 10, I find guys posting photos of themselves on here without shirts on kind of creepy. 10 times out of 10, I find guys posting photos of just their naked torso on here super creepy. If you have done either of these, or think they are a good idea, I’m probably going to find you creepy to some extent.
• Please don’t just wink at me or rate me or add me to your “favorites” without messaging me. This is also kind of creepy. If you’re interested in striking up a conversation, do so. I promise I won’t reach through the computer screen and slap you.
• I’m not going to sleep with you. If you find me attractive, thanks, that’s a nice compliment. But please don’t disregard everything else in my profile and start messaging me because you want to get some. I assure you this approach will be unsuccessful.