New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
41 • Washington, DC • Woman
I’m looking for
- Ages 31–43
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- May 7, 2014
- 5′ 6″ (1.68m)
- Body type
- Mostly anything
- Leo, and it’s fun to think about
- Graduated from university
- Doesn’t have kids, but might want them
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently)
Suffice it to say, there will be something longer and more eloquently presented at some point. That point is scheduled to be sometime between "Right Now" and "Right Now" + X. Until then, allow me to just say that I'm actually pretty awesome, funny, intelligent, quirky, inquisitive, and a real-life human being. I love trying new things, going new places, and sharing those experiences with others.
At least that's what the consultants I hired told me to say, and honestly, for 15 bucks, I think I should listen to them.
(Really, I think you can learn a lot about me just by reading the rest of my profile, and check out my question answers! I did it all for you, not that other guy... but YOU!)
I think I've now used "Bliss" more times in this section than I have in the past five years. Bliss!
When I'm not working, I'm hanging out with friends, playing games of all sorts ( cards, video, board, whatever ), watching movies, thinking of how to write my self-summary, and struggling to work on some of my creative pursuits. I've started going to a comedy writers group, which is intimidating, but has resparked my interest in my writing and I hope at some point to feel confident enough to get on st-a-a-a-ge! I'm always trying to find a way to get a smile or a laugh out of someone. THAT'S my "Bliss."
-- Playing medic in TF2.
-- Being snarky, the currency of the Internet.
-- Purposely mispronouncing words.
-- Not completing this section.
(These claims have not been evaluated by the FDA.)
* My sense of humor and laugh.
* I like talking, and have a tendency to get overly expressive when I'm discussing something I'm really interested in. Unfortunately, often my brain will move faster than my mouth, which forces me to slow down or pause to reset my thoughts. People have called that adorable. I cannot agree with that judgment, but hey.
* I tend to walk fast. Actually, I was interviewed for a TV news segment a while back and they called me "a frenetic ball in perpetual motion," which friends take much pleasure reminding me of. So I've got THAT goin' on.
* The number of electronic devices I carry in my purse. Please see frenetic balledness above.
* I've been told that I have a "Tina Fey/Liz Lemon thing going on." My brother once told me that, which was somewhat creepy. Since growing my hair out, people have been telling me I resemble Felicia Day which sort of boggles my mind but I sorta see it.
* My predilection for imitating the sad trombone from The Price is Right when disappointing things happen. Also exclaiming "Womp Womp" ala Archer.
* The ever-present floating ghost of Sir Reginald Onceworth, ex-Duke of Cornshire and heir to the Onceworth Publishing Interest (only reported by psychic mediums, take it up with them)
The Poetry and Short Stories of Dorothy Parker; A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius; The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay; Good Omens; American Gods; Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth; Lolita; Let The Right One In
Movies: I'm a massive film lover, and love pretty much any genre of film. If it is well written, I'm pretty much gonna love it. Some of my favs off the top of my head (it's late!):
Network; Happiness; Primer; Casablanca; Glory; The Philadelphia Story; Wet Hot American Summer; Let The Right One In; Miller's Crossing (or anything by the Coen Brothers); Crumb; Enchanted; Topsy Turvy, True Stories, The Spanish Prisoner (or really any David Mamet film), pretty much anything done by Stanley Kubrik. Anything by Pixar, really, and a lot of the classic Disney films. Most anything related to Judd Apatow or Adam McKay. Diablo Cody has a great voice, though Jennifer's Body was ugh.
Some movies I have watched/rewatched in the last year that I have really, really liked:
Bridesmaids, The Raid: Redemption, Cabin In The Woods, Rare Exports, The Muppets, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Young Adult, Attack The Block, The Artist, Martha Marcy May Marlene, Midnight In Paris, Hugo, X-Men: First Class
And yeah, of course, I like the original Star Wars trilogy and Lord of the Rings. The Star Wars prequels make the little girl inside of me cut herself and cry.
TV Shows: Archer, Buffy The Vampire Slayer & Angel, Firefly, Arrested Development, Childrens Hospital, NTSF:SD:SUV, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Mad Men, Mr Show with Bob and David, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Larry Sanders Show, Futurama, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Adventure Time, Six Feet Under, Freaks and Geeks, 30 Rock (though I am super far behind), Battlestar Galactica (reimagined), Twin Peaks, etc etc etc.
Music: Some artists I have on my smartphone: Arcade Fire, They Might Be Giants, Alex Winston, Aimee Mann, Foster The People, The Beatles, The Kinks, Jonathan Coulton, Tullycraft, Shaimus, The Dead Milkmen, Hard 'N Phirm, Aberfeldy, Metric, Anamanaguchi, Andrew Bocelli, The Andrew Sisters, etc. Love them all.
Comedians and Humorists: Maria Bamford, Paul F Tompkins, Sarah Silverman, Louis C.K., Patton Oswalt, Scott Aukerman, Eugene Mirman, Kristen Schaal, Zach Galifianakis, Mindy Kaling, Mike Birbiglia, Amy Sedaris, David Wain, Kathy Griffin, Tina Fey, Aziz Ansari, Demetri Martin, John Hodgman, David Cross, Bob Odenkirk, Bill Cosby, Jimmy Pardo, Brian Posehn, Natasha Leggero and more!
Food: My all time favorite cuisine is probably Ethiopian which I could eat every day and be totally happy. As I grew up in Maryland, I'm a big fan of seafood (mmmm, scrimps!) and Ledo's Pizza. (You know Ledo's pizza is square because they don't cut corners? Can you imagine the Manhattan Project put together to birth that innovation? CAN YOU?!) But really, I'll eat most anything. Or at least try it.
* Said computer's Internet connection
* A sense of humor
* My favorite collection of the works of Dorothy Parker
* I dunno, some other important thing that really isn't that important if you think about it. Like some sort of widget, trinket or geegaw. You know what I'm talking about.. that thing... with that feature. Wait, wait... I mean, my friends and family.
* My writing and game ideas.
* How one could become a superhero. Will we have superheroes in our future eventually? Not really with powers, per se.... but with more and more superhero movies, it's gotta become more prevalent, right? Right? You know that would be cool. Super cool.
* Joke ideas for a possible run at attempting an open mic night.
* My friends.
* How to answer these questionnaires (until I finish answering them).
* A lot of flippant things that I think are amusing and worthy of thought, but others may not necessarily agree. But they are wrong. Oh, so very wrong.
-- Playin' some video games with friends online and probably getting frustrated at someone.
-- At the movies with friends, munchin popcorn and analyzing the screenplay.
-- Out drinking with ex-coworkers somewhere in the city.
-- At the baseball game, cheering the Washington Nationals!!
-- Getting caught in a Wikipedia-reading spree.
-- Hiding from Galaxatron, Space Overlord from Quadrant 21!
-- Something else that is equally interesting and/or quixotic.
This still haunts me to this verrrry daaaay.
Also, I am kinda scared of those grey aliens with the black eyes you see in alien abduction stories. I joke that I could never live in the country just in case alien abductions are real. That joking is probably about 35 to 55% not-joking. I mean, I don't believe in alien abductions, but seriously, hedging my bets. Those guys are creeeeeepy.
-- You are kind of obsessed with comedy, be it sketch, stand-up, written, or injected. Knowing and loving Mr. Show will gain a big ups from me.
*- You don't mind that I did not have a standard for denoting my list items, whether en dashes or asterisks. Also if you know what an en dash is. Actually, you know what? This week only, you don't need to know what an en dash is. That's my gift to you.
**- You are that kid from my "most private thing" story who I disappointed so terribly. I seriously, seriously am sorry. So sorry.
-*- You like what I have in my profile and you want to message me.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.