I grew up on the beach, so it's in my blood to be at my most content near the water. I just recently started *trying* fishing for the first time since I was a kid. I haven't caught anything yet, but I'm having fun and won't give up!
When I'm not working, I'm chillin with the coolest 5-year-old around, or hanging out with friends or family. This summer that included lots of swimming at the city pools and going to City Park. Now that school has started and the pools are closed I won't know what to do with myself on weekends!
I don't like to play games, unless we're talking the board variety and then I'm down. Be honest with yourself and me about what you want...we're all grownups here.
What I want is a not-so-serious relationship with someone who is thoughtful, respectful, and totally ok with the fact that he may not see me for weeks at a time. I'm a busy lady and my kid takes number one priority all the time. I'm not looking for a dad for him. You won't even meet him unless things get serious. I'm looking for someone to go out with every once in a while, someone who makes me happy, and someone to have the occasional sleepover when the kiddo is visiting his grandparents.
If it were to turn into something more serious a long way down the road, I'd be ok with that. But for now, I'm working hard on being a good mom and making a good life for myself. I'm not looking to shake that up any time soon.
When I'm not working, I'm mommin' and relaxin. I sometimes assist a wedding photographer, so I still get my photo fix on the side a handful of times a year.
The most important thing I'm doing with my life is raising my son to be a kind, loving, intelligent person. He regularly surprises me with how smart and wonderful he is. He's 5......5! I can't believe sometimes that I have a kindergartner. I have him 100% of the time (no shared custody) so we're pretty tight.
When I do get some time alone I enjoy making stuff. This can be anything from cross stitching to costumes to projects around the house. I'm planning on building a darkroom in my garage soon and can't wait to get in there in all its stinky, chemically glory and start printing.
Cooking...not that I have as much time as I'd like for it. But when I do, I like to go all out and make really delicious stuff.
Being a mom. Imma pat my own back here. My kid is totally awesome. And I swear I'm not the only person who thinks so. So I think my mom skills can take some of the credit.
Laughing. I love it and it makes me feel good. Nuf said.
Singing in the car. Actually, that's not true. I'm good at singing anywhere, but I just mostly do it in the car. I honestly can't figure out how I don't own a karaoke machine yet.
Books: anything by Bill Bryson or David Sedaris; most things by Stephen King; Not ashamed to admit the Harry Potter series; LOR; The Book Thief; Yes, Please; GoT (I only got through to the fifth book and then gave up because that one is soooooo fucking boring I couldn't stay awake). I used to devour books and miss them a lot. For many years child rearing left little time for books. But now, he's totally into listening to me read chapter books so we've been going crazy with stuff like Peter Pan, Pippi Longstocking, Treasure Island, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, The BFG (bit of a Rould Dahl kick there). It's been a blast and I can't wait to read more with him.
Movies: Foreign films, comedies, drama, sometimes horror. There are so many great movies out there it's hard to name favorites.
Music as of late: Modest Mouse, Heartless Bastards, Andrew Bird, Neko Case, The Beatles, M.I.A, Ani DiFranco, Janis Joplin, Easy Star All-Stars, Feist, Otis Redding (he feeds my soul...if you can sing like him I'll marry you), Tegan & Sara, Bon Iver, Fiona Apple, Lauryn Hill, Toots & the Maytals, Michael Jackson (my son's favorite musician!),to name a few. I like anything that is good.
TV: Modern Family; Friday Night Lights (never thought I'd like a show about football!); Grey's Anatomy; Up All Night; Six Feet Under; Dexter; Weeds; United States of Tara; Parks and Recreation; Downton Abby; 30 Rock; The Killing; Mad Men; Sherlock; True Detective.
2. My dog
3. My camera
4. My family
5. My friends
In that order, or I might have to bump up coffee now that I think about it....and add beer to the list.
What am I going to cook for dinner?
All the porch parties I want to throw on my new patio.
I like going out on the town now and again. Dinner, drinks, and dancing are right up my alley. I do have a kid though, so I can't go overboard all the time. Hangovers hurt worse the older I get and that kid of mine is not slowing down for some tired mom.
I'm also just as equally happy to spend a Friday night on the porch (when the effing mosquitos aren't eating me alive) drinking beer and enjoying the company of my friends.
Things I like about online dating:
• I meet people I would otherwise never encounter in my very busy life and very small social circle.
• I get to preview people without getting anyone's hopes up (mine included).
• It's really fun meeting people with such varying life experiences.
Things I don't like about online dating:
• There is no social connection to the people you meet online.
• Because of the lack of social connection, it takes way longer to get to know someone.
• Also, online daters are not held accountable for their poor dating behavior by friends or family because it's pretty much anonymous....so lots of douchey behavior ensues with seemingly little consequences.
• you have more to say than just "hi"
• you are not old enough to be my father...or even close to that age.
• you are not young enough to date my college aged niece (she has a profile on here too...and shame on some of you old men!)
• you can compose a proper sentence. Punctuation matters!!
• you do not have a shirtless look-how-buff-I-am photo as your profile pic...or in your profile at all (not to be mistaken for a legit shirtless picture like at the beach or something. Just no flexing that you think is going to attract me.)
• you enjoy staying in as much as you do going out.
• you don't take yourself too seriously.
• you are honest, kind and are looking for more than just someone to fool around with (don't get me wrong...the fooling around part is pretty fun too!).
• you can play guitar or piano and can carry a tune. I love to sing and would really like someone to have a sing-a-long with now and then.
¡También, si hablas español! Necesito alguien a practicar hablar.