I enjoy many things. In no particular order: making music (I play the violin, I sing in the car and I dabble in other instruments); reading fantasy and science fiction; writing stories; making costumes; inventing things; and painting. (I usually rotate between interests – it would be exhausting to do all of those at once!)
I love rock climbing, tree climbing, ropes courses, skiing, trampolining and trying new things. Bungee jumping? Sky diving? I haven’t done either, but I’d love to try them. I like to laugh and I like to make other people laugh.
I’m easy to get along with and I forgive easily. I am introverted, with of its ups and downs.
I am an engineer with the Federal Government. I like to solve problems (like trying to figure out why a roof is leaking, or the best way to keep my backpack dry when biking in the rain) and to keep my mind active (I’m working my way through a basic electricity workbook – second time’s the charm!).
I look for consistency and truth. My logical nature means that I resist religion (I’m an atheist). I spend within my means and I save for my future.
I love my life and I’m quick to smile. I like dry humour and find a lot of mundane things funny. I sometimes laugh at sad movies.
I'm very loyal and I'm looking for the long term.
THE MAN THAT I AM LOOKING FOR:
1. Is thoughtful and kind, with good manners
2. Is employed and has a plan for career and personal direction for the next 5-10 year time frame
3. Has spending habits within his available means. Has a financial plan that includes investment in and a plan for supporting himself in retirement
4. Looks to the long term and knows that ‘life is a team sport’
5. Wants to add me to an already healthy social life – I want to be a part of this, not all of it
6. Has a positive attitude, expresses happiness, satisfaction, gives positive feedback
7. Conveys optimism
8. Has confidence in his abilities and respect for his employer
9. Reads fiction
10. Indulges in creativity
12. Is a responsible drinker or not a drinker at all