Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Hey there! I'm Kathy - originally from the east-coast, and living
in SF for almost 10 years now. Along the way, I've lived in
Maryland, Virginia, NJ and NY - have to say I've loved them all,
but SF is currently at the top of that list.
A few things about me:
- I love a glass of wine and good conversation to catch up on the
- I think roadtrips are fabulous thanks to the random places you
see and people you meet;
- When I really find something funny, I tend to laugh so hard that
I lose the ability to speak. Oddly, this does not stop me from
incoherently trying to explain what it is that I'm laughing
- I think weekend mornings should include coffee, acoustic music, a
bit of laziness and open windows whenever possible;
- I find that curling up with someone special to watch a good movie
feels like a little slice of heaven;
- Laughing with my friends can completely reset a long day;
- I love finding the local place when traveling. Not really a fan
of chains - regardless of what country they're in :)
- Some of my favorite days included flying kites, playing in the
surf and getting my jeans wet and sandy (thanks to my nieces for
doing these things with me!);
- Live music... well, anywhere.... can really do wonders for the
In my free time, I usually try to spend time with friends and
family, spoiling my two nieces (in a good way), and just generally
trying to enjoy living in the city - love the SF street festivals,
dive-bars, BBQ-ing on a sunny day, visiting wine country (perhaps
even with some wine camping!!!), and spending time up in Tahoe.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
Constantly trying to work on a positive work/life balance :)
Professionally, I've just changed jobs for the first time since
college - was just time to change things up and I'm really excited
about the direction I'm taking.
Love to travel - have done a ton of business of professional
travel. I really enjoy getting to see a new place, try new things
there, wander around and get lost for a little bit...
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
1. Spending as little time as possible in the airport
2. Remembering song lyrics... especially lyrics to a lot of old
songs for some reason
3. Finding ways to have fun with my nieces.
4. Finding the perfect present that someone didn't even know
existed until they got it (something I call "The Tear Factor")...
probably sounds a little random, but I honestly love giving
presents - I get way more out of it than the recipient :)
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Favorite movies - The Silence of the Lambs... I know it's an odd
choice, especially since most scary movies scare the beejeesus out
of me. What can I say - was probably one of the first movies I ever
saw where I thought 'holy s*&t. now that was an crazy story!'.
I like movies that tell good, engrossing stories... If we're
talking movies I would actually watch over and over again, those
would be ones more like High Fidelity, Shawshank Redemption, Love
Actually, Fletch, or the Goonies (please tell me you know this
Favorite TV - Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Downton Abbey,
Scandal... Also like the food network... interesting seeing as it's
all about food, yet you can't taste it though the TV...
Favorite music - LOVE live music. Big fan of the Counting Crows,
Adele, the Head and the Heart, Amos Lee, Bonnie Raitt, Norah Jones,
Mumford and Sons, Ray LaMontagne .... and I like country too :) Not
all the time - but I do like it!
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
in no particular order...
1. Chapstick - it's so hard to stop with the chapstick!
2. My nieces - they are cuties. And they keep me grounded.
3. A good book - usually have a few going at the same time.
4. My friends - they really mean the world to me.
5. My pictures - I love to take pictures... and have a lot of
blackmail photos of my friends :)
6. iTunes - I love music and have it on almost all of the time -
just helps to set my mood no matter what I'm doing
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
the future and how to get there!
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Hopefully at dinner or happy hour with friends - or maybe just
chilling out at home with a good movie and wine... definitely need
to unwind after a long week!
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
Ummm no freebies. Ask me whatever and I'm happy to answer.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.