I only write to you sometimes
and though I express myself in riddles
it is clearer in my mind
clearer in my mind.
[borrowed from Регина Ильинична Спектор]
As Anita Brookner puts it, sometimes I feel I would give my entire output of words, past, present, and to come, in exchange for easier access to the world, for permission to state 'I hurt' or 'I hate' or 'I want'. Or, indeed, 'Look at me'.
Put off by the lack of pictures? Please scroll to the bottom of the profile ("You should message me if" section).
[Full text in English]:
· Free political action from all unitary and totalizing paranoia.
· Develop action, thought, and desires by proliferation, juxtaposition, and disjunction, and not by subdivision and pyramidal hierarchization.
· Withdraw allegiance from the old categories of the Negative (law, limit, castration, lack, lacuna), which Western thought has so long held sacred as a form of power and an access to reality. Prefer what is positive and multiple, difference over uniformity, flows over unities, mobile arrangements over systems. Believe that what is productive is not sedentary but nomadic.
· Do not think that one has to be sad in order to be militant, even though the thing one is fighting is abominable. It is the connection of desire to reality (and not its retreat into the forms of representation) that possesses revolutionary force.
· Do not use thought to ground a political practice in Truth; nor political action to discredit, as mere speculation, a line of thought. Use political practice as an intensifier of thought, and analysis as a multiplier of the forms and domains for the intervention of political action.
· Do not demand of politics that it restore the "rights" of the individual, as philosophy has defined them. The individual is the product of power. What is needed is to "de-individualize" by means of multiplication and displacement, diverse combinations. The group must not be the organic bond uniting hierarchized individuals, but a constant generator of de-individualization.
· Do not become enamored of power.
(Did Bradbury live enough to see his dystopia come partially true?)
He clenched the book in his fists.
Shut up, thought Montag. Consider the lilies of the field.
They toil not-
Consider the lilies of the field, shut up, shut up.
"Dentifrice ! "
He tore the book open and flicked the pages and felt them as if he were blind, he
picked at the shape of the individual letters, not blinking.
"Denham's. Spelled : D-E.N "
They toil not, neither do they . . .
A fierce whisper of hot sand through empty sieve.
"Denham's does it!"
Consider the lilies, the lilies, the lilies...
"Denham's dental detergent."
"Shut up, shut up, shut up!"
2. What ought I to do?
3. What may I hope?
5. None of the above.
6. All of the above (including 5).
I use LaTeX for non-sexual purposes but with the same kind of obsessive-masochist attitude.
Then you might wonder why in my "I'm looking for" section I specified "Women". It used to be "Everybody", but I was tired to receive "dude I am not gay" replies.
And in general my thinking and my communication tend to be very personal, existential and based on emotions. And it seems not to work with "Everybody".
You could write me for instance if (but not only if):
The joke told by the Sphynx makes you laugh.
This symposium by Carl Rogers and Skinner makes you laugh and think and you'd like to discuss it.
You would like to share your opinion about my profile (do you think it is... boring? confusing? too dense? too sparse? compelling?).
You would like to see pictures showing my face. I am not hiding, but I don't like having personal information publicly available on the Internet. I prefer to disclose selectively. Take it as if I were asking you to fill in a captcha.