- am easy to get along with
- like intellectual topics, particularly science / politics / economics
- am very affectionate in a relationship
- am a straight shooter
- am financially secure: I'm debt-free, credit scores around 800
- love my work, but have a good social life outside of it
- am busy -- go to lots of activities in NYC, and organize some groups, a hiking group and two dinner discussion groups
- am unconventional in my thinking
I was born in the Midwest, moved to Germany as a little kid where I attended an international school (still speak German badly). Moved to Australia where I finished high school, then went to California where I went to college at Caltech (the university the guys at "The Big Bang Theory" are at), majoring in computer science. Lived most of my adult life after that in Silicon Valley, except for when I went to the Philippines in 1993 and taught computer programming for a year at a university in Cebu. Moved to NYC in 2005 and love it here.
According to the "personality test", I'm EXTREMELY unartistic. I don't think that's entirely true. I don't produce art, but I have about 5000 songs in my iPod, and art on the walls at home. When I go to a friend's house and they have blank walls with no art on them, I think they're nuts.
I was raised Protestant, went to Bible studies sometimes as an adult, really liked the people, but have not been actively Christian for many years.
I had my genome sequenced by 23andMe.com for $100. They say I'm 99.5% English/Irish, 0.1% Middle Eastern, the rest unknown. They checked for 52 bad recessive genes that can cause illnesses and I don't have any of them.
I just got home from a trip to Germany, the Czech Republic, and Austria. Was glad to find that my German language skills were still useful after 40 years of non-practice, I was still able to converse with people.