- am easy to get along with
- like intellectual topics, particularly science / politics / economics
- am very affectionate in a relationship
- am a straight shooter
- am financially secure: I'm debt-free, credit scores around 800, reserves sufficient to last several years without a paycheck without debt or dipping into retirement savings
- love my work, but have a good social life outside of it
- am busy -- go to lots of activities in NYC, and organize some groups, a hiking group and two dinner discussion groups
- am unconventional in my thinking
I was born in the Midwest, moved to Germany as a little kid where I attended an international school (still speak German badly). Moved to Australia where I finished high school, then went to California where I went to college at Caltech, majoring in computer science. Lived most of my adult life after that in Silicon Valley, except for when I went to the Philippines in 1993 and taught computer programming for a year at a university in Cebu. Moved to NYC in 2005 and love it here.
According to the "personality test", I'm EXTREMELY unartistic. I don't think that's entirely true. I don't produce art, but I have about 5000 songs in my iPod, and art on the walls at home. When I go to a friend's house and they have blank walls with no art on them, I think they're nuts.
I hang out with the Atheist community in Manhattan a lot. I was raised Protestant and had periods in my adult life where I went to a lot of Protestant Bible studies. I really, really liked the other Christians, but I found things in the Bible, particularly all the genocide in the Old Testament, profoundly unacceptable.
I had my genome sequenced by 23andMe.com for $100. They say I'm 99.5% English/Irish, 0.1% Middle Eastern, the rest unknown. They checked for 52 bad recessive genes that can cause illnesses and I don't have any of them.