I have decent skills in swimming, scuba diving, running, painting, playing the clarinet, playing scrabble, and kung fu, but those are things I will never claim to be "really good at" because there is always room for more growth.
Movies: Brazil, The Graduate, The Matrix, I Heart Huckabees, The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Singin' in the Rain, Spirited Away, stuff by Tim Burton.
Shows: I don't watch TV, except when I fly JetBlue. I have a soft spot for cooking shows.
Music: Leonard Cohen, The Cure, The Smiths, Cesaria Evora, Peter Murphy, Nina Simone, Aretha Franklin, Simon & Garfunkel, Bjork, Nick Cave, Magnetic Fields, Chopin, almost anything involving a clarinet.
Food: I love food. I have a hard time saying "no" to anything that involves handmade noodles, blueberries, peaches, avocados, sundried tomatoes, spicy lamb, cilantro, butternut squash, artichokes, goat cheese, BUTTER, condensed milk, black sesame, fresh corn tortillas, cardamom, gesztenyepure, or fresh whipped cream. Not all together, of course. I also have a special place in my heart for breakfast foods. And ice cream.
something to read
- you want to share something delicious with me.
- if you'd like to go dancing, make something, or swap backrubs.
- if you can teach me how to tune a cello, make a quilt, or play the accordion.
- you care about social justice, especially if you have creative ideas for activism.
- just to be clear: i have a boyfriend (WriteThinkBuild) who i love dearly. we have an open relationship and date people separately as well as together. currently, my life is pretty complicated and i am not really interested in dating anyone new, but i always like meeting new people.