Find better matches with our advanced
28 • M • Washington, DC
I’m looking for
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 23–29
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last Online
- Yesterday – 10:52pm
- 5′ 11″ (1.80m)
- Body Type
- Mostly anything
- Judaism, and laughing about it
- Pisces, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from university
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Likes dogs and dislikes cats
- English (Fluently), Portuguese (Okay)
I'm in a long-term relationship with Africa. Spent some time in college working with refugees in Ghana, got the bug, and have kept going back -- first through Peace Corps, then with my current job at a USAID contractor. It's a true love of mine, and there is no place I'd rather be. But when I'm here, I'm managing a climate change adaptation project in Mozambique via spreadsheets and Skype.
1) adding in the Oxford comma. It's necessary.
2) cooking rice without a rice cooker. Critical life skill.
3) pivot tables. Critical life skill.
4) serve-and-volley tennis. I prefer doubles to singles, but will play whatever.
5) finding reasons not to go to the gym.
6) going on the road to follow my beloved (albeit perennially disappointing) hockey team, the San Jose Sharks.
7) not paying for haircuts. Ten years running...
8) bargaining in African art markets.
9) going down YouTube rabbit holes. Just like that, three hours has disappeared.
10) dodging tourists in Eastern Market on a weekly basis.
Tunes: The five albums that come with me to a desert island are...
1) The National | Boxer
2) Arcade Fire | Funeral
3) U2 | The Joshua Tree
4) Pete Yorn | Musicforthemorningafter
5) Bruce Springsteen | Born to Run
Eats: I'm pretty open diet-wise, with the exception of things that comes out of a shell because that freaks me out. As a rule, you can't go wrong with garlic and/or spiciness.
Small screen: I don't watch a ton of TV shows, but the ones I do, I'm all in on. Top five all time, in order:
3) It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
4) The Office
5) Everyone Loves Raymond.
There's a theme, I know.
And yes, I binge-watched House of Cards, like everyone else in a 75-mile radius of DC. Season 1 was far better than Season 2.
Big screen: The last movie I saw in theaters was Django Unchained, so that should tell you everything you need to know about my relationship with movies. But the ones I can't live without, in order of importance:
1) Shawshank Redemption. The single greatest movie ever made. It's the only movie I have saved on my computer, and it is watched on every trans-Atlantic flight -- great way to kill 2 hours and 40 minutes. One of two movies that makes me cry every time I see it.
2) Anchorman. I was in college in San Diego when this came out. You gotta watch out for that pack of wild dogs in La Jolla. Anchorman 2 never should have happened.
3) Forrest Gump. Just a solid, feel good movie. The other movie that makes me cry when I see it.
4) Clerks. Just a lovely piece of comedy. Could do without Clerks 2, but it's not as offensively bad as Anchorman 2
5) V for Vendetta. Bald Natalie Portman -- you had me at hello.
Books: Being a grad student has killed any desire to read more than I have to.
2) Music: as they say in Shawshank, "That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you."
3) Carbs: I eat more rice than a typical Asian and more pasta than the average Italian.
4) Aerator for red wine. Just purchased...seriously life-changing.
5) Playoff hockey: the best two months of the year
6) Rainbow sandals
Why people run to catch a metro during rush hour...there's another one coming in two minutes.
How much hipsters are going to regret their pictures with their ridiculous mustaches and non-prescription monster glasses.
In reality: "there's no typical Friday night" (the second worst answer on OKCupid). But seriously, I could be sprawled out on my couch after a long week, I could be writing a paper for grad school, or I could be out getting my drink on with friends.
1) I have a mild obsession with infomercials. I deal with this by not having cable.
2) Also, I didn't wear jeans until college. I want my first 18 years back.
3) I have never posted a #tbt picture. I don't intend to start any time soon.
4) I stopped using the word "epic" almost two years ago.
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.