I prefer a balance of extrovert/introvert time. It is great to meet new people and be out doing things. And I also am quite happy doing my own thing on my own. Love curling up with a good book.
One of my favourite things to do is to go to a yoga class several times a week. I've also joined the AGO, the McMichael Gallery and the Aga Kahn Museum. Have been enjoying the exhibits, learning and seeing things from new perspectives.
I also love spending time in the outdoors. I am by no means a star at any of the things I'm into. I just like being out there. (e.g. golf, riding my mtn bike, x-country skiing, canoeing, ocean kayaking, walking/hiking).
Took a class in George Brown's culinary certificate program over the fall. Now that I have the pre-requisite course completed, looking forward to taking others in the spring.
Appreciating the mild winter weather and getting out for great walks with my walking group friends on the weekends.
Having dinner out with friends.... when great people, and interesting venue and good food are combined, I am content. Love Winterlicious!
Moved back back to Toronto at the end of 2012. I hadn't lived here since 1994. Lived in Calgary and Winnipeg in between. It's been great to re-establish myself here - visiting old haunts and exploring the changes. I feel like I have only scratched the surface. Looking forward to discovering more new corners of the city. Would you like to join me or show me some great spots?
In the middle of:
- Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success by Shane Snow .... finding it fascinating. Already planning on listening to a second time.
- "The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto" - brilliant! Get the audio book.... well worth it.
- "The Art of Asking" by Amanda Palmer - an interesting perspective on the role of artists in our society, evolution of social media and.... yes, on the art of asking.
- "The Hundred-Foot Journey" by Richard C. Morais - even better than the movie.
Leadership and its role in today's world
- Someone who lives in the Toronto area and is close to my age
- Do not smoke
- Happy to take the time to get to know each other before jumping into relationship mode.
- Looking for a long term partnership