Kindness, helping others, and open-mindedness are important to me. I prefer being outside to anything else.
I'm driven and passionate about the things that matter to me but I refuse to take myself - or life - too seriously. I'm two years into my second stint in Seattle after a year in Los Angeles and couldn't be happier. I've also spent time in D.C., Switzerland, and Ohio.
1) I have a unique job that I'm crazy passionate about.
2) I've got lots of diverse - and seemingly conflicting - interests.
3) I try to surround myself with people who push me.
Movies: Half Nelson, The Big Lebowski, Her, Sleepwalk With Me, Fruitvale Station, The Royal Tenenbaums, documentaries.
Music: M83, Father John Misty, The War on Drugs, Kendrick Lamar, LCD Soundsystem, Danny Brown, Otis Redding, Dawes, St. Lucia, Washed Out, Van Morrison, Disclosure, The Rolling Stones, & Motown.
Other: all things NPR, Last Week Tonight, Louie, Breaking Bad, Veep, Curb, House of Cards.
Food: I'll try (or make) anything once. Mediterranean, Thai, Indian, German, and Mexican are favorites. I also believe Sriracha is objectively one the best things on Earth and that bourbon is on par with water.
The National Park System.
A good running route.
Also, I'm willing to venture I'm one of the few people in America that has both been on stage with Ira Glass and met Ron Jeremy.
- you refuse to settle.
- you have a sharp wit and don't take yourself too seriously.
- you're well read, intelligent, and are open to new experiences.
- you have a great sense of humor and appreciate everything from the dry to absurdity.
- you enjoy meeting people.
A love of banter is a major plus.