1. Take a quick glance at your default picture and also a quick glance at your opening sentence as I scroll down to see your favorite bands and movies. I also glance over to see what sign you are as I'm scrolling down.
2. If I am impressed with your taste in music or movies, I check out your pictures.
3. If I'm impressed with your pictures, I go back and read your entire profile.
4. If I am further impressed, I will rate you 5 stars and send you a message. If the rest of your profile is so so, then you'll probably get 4 stars and I may or may not contact you. Also, contacting me after I rated you highly makes my opinion of you go up. I like women who aren't afraid to make a move. The women who would rather just leave it up to the guy are wussies and annoyingly old fashioned.
5. If I contact you, I usually read your questions.
maybe this info will be of use to you....Ok, back to my bio.
I'm a musician and my life revolves around music. It's not something that I just do for fun...it's the main point of my life. This is by far the most important thing you need to know about me. Other forms of art are pretty important to me also. I'm in an acting group, I love poetry slams, and stand up comedy.
I absolutely hate it when women say, " I love to laugh" on their profiles...I see it on about 80% of all profiles.....it sucks, it's lame, it's not the least bit insightful, it's obvious as I'm sure just about all living sane human beings like to laugh....but enough about that.
I love to hike, but only if it's sunny out and when I go, I always take a six pack of pabst with me and my Ipod. It's a spiritual experience...like church for religious people I guess.
I like hanging out casually at bars as opposed to meeting up for coffee or dinner dates. Preferably in Seattle. Even though I live way out in the sticks, I'm still in the city quite often.
Update: some more cliches I'm really sick of:
1. The duck face- it's not hot
2. Pictures of you with some strange guy.
3. Pictures of your pet
4. Pictures of you where you're 100 feet away and barely visible
5. Pictures of you that are completely blurry.
6. I agree that eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, and the princess bride were great movies, but how on earth can they be almost every woman on earth's favorite movie? One thing I've learned from this site is that 99% of all women love those two movies plus Amelie and Lost in Translation. I'm actually really curious as to what it is about the last 2 movies that women love so much. I was rather indifferent to Amelie. I absolutely hated Lost in Translation. How can it be that almost every woman in america likes that movie? Please explain it to me. Or Amelie. I'd really like to know what it is.
7. Grammar Nazi's!!! Not that there's anything wrong with proper grammar. In all truth, the majority of the woman who I've been attracted to in my life have been grammar nazi's. So don't get me wrong... I still love you all. But seriously, one out of every three profiles I read has the same rant almost word for word. And who do you think it is that even reads those rants? The illiterate one's who you are talking to, who probably just go straight to your pictures anyway, or the guys like me who CAN form a coherent sentence and actually cared enough to read your profile?
8. You calling yourself geeky or claiming to be a geek or a nerd..... Apparently it's hip to be square on okcupid.....