male, orphan, engineer, keeper of close friends, retired chef, world traveler, skier, camper, reader of books, cracker of jokes. Equally introverted as I am extraverted ( ENTJ... or so I am told)
And clearly I am not in marketing.
What I’m doing with my life
Living and working a bicoastal life (Philly / Oakland), escaping to north Tahoe when I can, going to the gym before dawn.
I’m really good at
- making red beans and rice
- packing and traveling light
- racking up airfare miles
- raiding a pantry and making a great meal
- being silly / irreverent
- making jokes about vitamin D and children getting rickets
The first things people usually notice about me
Well as a two year old in a restaurant once said, "Mommy that man
has no hair"
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
- I like books, I often have a stack of unread volumes on my kindle. for example: Making the Modern World, Lawrence in Arabia, Three Parts Dead (fiction), and The idiots guide to dating women on OKC (completely made up title that I will now write)... Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance was the first book that stayed with me. Also Camille Pissarro... yes he wrote as well as painted.
- Big fan of Radiolab, The Moth, Planet Money, etc... basically anything with a good narrative.... obsessed with Invisibilia talk about a killer first season.
- Music... I'm rather obsessed with Sylvan Esso and The Life Acoustic by Everlast.
- Food, yea I like it... I once cooked professionally in a couple of brasseries to pay for school
The six things I could never do without
- my friends.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Turning my passion(s) into fulfillment.... what are my passions now...
On a typical Friday night I am
In or Out... perhaps at in-n-out.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I currently burned out on non-fiction, and my favorite authors for fiction are in a lul ... So I am reading the outlander series.. (yep total chic-lit but way better then anything by Dan Brown.... such a horrible writer)