I Enjoy: art, philosophy, random holidays, the paranormal, reading, meditation, the Tarot, cooking, Earl Grey tea, mythology, the spirit world, heavy rain, mild revenge, the countryside, my exotic pets, dark times in history, writing, Pimms, old man pubs, manipulation, inappropriate jokes, polyamory, antiquing, silence, heavy rain, etherealism, falling asleep to gorgeous music, sharp satire, grass roots football, karaoke, martial arts, alternate realities, Taoism, posh wine, moonlit bodies of water, pointless rambles.
I Don't Enjoy: moths can piss off.
Films - Not all that many other than Weird Asian films, thought provoking films such as Eternal Sunshine, hilarious ones like Dumb And Dumber, and real life ones such as Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas (although somewhat embarrasingly, I am also a Clint Eastwood fan). Final Fantasy looked lovely, in fairness. Big fan of much comedy stuff DVD though. The Office, Futurama, Peep Show, Family Guy, Alan Partridge, Nathan Barley, Black Books, Jam, Seinfeld, Father Ted, Ren And Stimpy, South Park. Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld as I totally empathise with Larry David.
If I watch TV at all, it's generally some current sporting event or something on the Discovery Channel like meaningless speculation about ancient times, or aviation disasters (though it may seem a bit scary, I know pretty much everything about every plane crash ever mostly due to a job I tried to get a couple of years ago). Admittedly Sky+HD is a better invention than penicillin.
Also, The Itchy and Scratchy Show and Fightin' Round The World With Russell Crowe.
Music - Stone Roses, Nirvana even though I should have probably outgrown them by my age, Sigur Ros, Gomez, Jeff Buckley, Jun Yamamoto, Interpol, Beethoven, John Martyn, Decemberists, Pavement, Susumu Yokota, Xavier Rudd, The Bluetones, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, anything at all sung by Colin Meloy, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Radiohead, South, The Doors, Massive Attack, Nick Drake, Iron And Wine, John Butler Trio, Bon Iver, Andrea Bocelli, Scott Matthews, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Seth Lakeman, Jose Gonzalez, Michiko Tanaka, Bach, The Verve, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, - basically dream pop/folk/indie/whatever. Alanis and Madonna are my guilty pleasures.
Christ, do I ever miss the 90's.
Food - Hardly ever eat out, certainly never at fast food places, and never ever ever any ready meals (ever ever) which is why I'm healthier than I look; pretty much everything I have is cooked by myself. Or a loaf of good bread; I'll eat a good lunk of bread as a meal for the day. Not apricots though. Like 1 in 30 are good. They are a very low percentage fruit.
I am none of these things. I also dislike long walks on the beach. Sand pisses me off.
- The prospect of a 'normal' life (wife/ 2.4 kids/ mortgage/ tedious career etc.) scares you more than anything else.
- You find Irja's wallet. Seriously you guys, it's been like 5 years now.
- You need advice or help with your animals.
- you are happy for Toto - Africa to be 'our song'. Or maybe REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
- You promise not to ask me if I prefer men or women (I may have to stab you in the pancreas if you do this).
- You stalk Björk.
- You are Björk (sorry for stalking you, by the way).
- You want to tell me your dream sandwich.
- You look like/are Jack White.
- You also travel about a lot and want to tell me where I should go next.
- You want to make me a cake.
- You want to send Jonno a present.
- You are a desperate fool at the end of your pitiful rope.
(or, you can't sleep at night because of this sentence