I'm a very good listener and pay attention. I can make you laugh...in my family a sense of humor is in the genes. Not shy, not overbearing, easygoing but not easily fooled.
ONE YEAR ONLINE UPDATE: 8/6/13
Time flies when you're dazed and confused and sometimes speechless! It has sometimes been weird, often hysterical, mostly enjoyable, but always interesting and surprising. Once, it was heartbreaking.
I've learned some important things (and this list keeps getting longer!):
1. There are no rules
2a. Nothing really happens until you meet in person
2b. You can't know everything about someone all at once. It takes time.
3. Expect little and be surprised
4. If conversation doesn't flow, nothing else is going to happen
5. An unanswered email is an answer
6. Trust your gut; if you do, it's usually worth the effort
7. ...but sometimes your gut is wrong
8. For me, never married = incompatible
9. Intimacy changes things, and sometimes it doesn't
10. The more I know, the less I understand
11. The Rolling Stones were right. You can't always get what you want
12. But if you try, sometimes you get what you need
BACK TO MY PROFILE:
My two kids live and work in Manhattan and have their own lives.
I used to play in a band. Soft spot for 70s music and the blues, vintage audio equipment, and pinball machines. I think Steve Martin is sort of a genius. Love travel, but I dislike traveling alone.
I've always been a pretty voracious reader, from the classics to beach novels. I enjoy all sorts of movies and live music...sorry, damn, I'm starting to sound like everyone else! At least I have no pictures with my car or with my shirt off....
I'm looking for a woman.... with Intelligence, insight, a generosity of spirit, someone who laughs easily and has a natural ease with people. A quietly confident, independent woman for whom a good conversation is a pleasure, not a competition. A woman who takes pride in her appearance...a romantic who hasn't forgotten how fantastic kissing is, or what it was like when she was 18 or 25.
Intimacy and physicality are essential, the air and water of romance. I get that this is more important to some than it is to others, so full disclosure...it's important to me.
A great relationship requires, among other things, a certain kind of comfort that I can't describe, but you know it when you feel it. And you know it when you don't.